Thursday, August 17, 2006

Check out my new diggs!

I'm so in Love with my new template and it's all thanks to Goofy Girl. Isn't she amazing? She's gonna make a great doctor, I just know it.

It looks like I need a blogwarming party...

This is what Carmen suggested for her party...
Y'all like the new digs? I feel all bright and shiny and new. Let's give a big Gone To Plaid "holla" to Goofy Girl, who ROCKS! She does this kick butt design, and just gives herself a measly little link below the fold for the credit. Hah! Give me a big ol' button and I'll put it up there! I'm not above monster promotions for someone so cool! All this while she's been traveling and starting back to med school. Unbelievable!

I'm thinking of having a blogwarming party. Would you like to participate? Would you like to suggest how one goes about having a blogwarming party? I think everyone should just send money ;)


And here's what Carmen's party looked like

I totally agree with Carmen that Goofy Girl needs more credit than she gives herself...in fact I was peeking while she was working on this and she hadn't added her credit line yet and I "hollered" at her to go put it in there. That's what I get for peeking at my presents too early, huh?

Well, lets get this party started...

We'll need some virtual food
and virtual drinks
and lots of virtual music for virtual dancing
and of course you can't have a blogging party without lots and lots of blog jumping and commenting...right?

So go visit the commenter before you and tell 'em I sent you and Party on folks!

I guess I should supply some veggies from my garden...

Oh this party is really starting to happen
We have some Coffeefrom Mar
And some Chips & Salsa from Wendy who just might bring a celebrity guest
And we have donuts & milk from Carmen
Champaigne & VA wine from LadybugCrossing
And Zeus brought my favorite! Shrimp Coctail, I don't care if I have fishy breath for a week! I'm getting me some of that! he he
Kukka-Maria has blessed me with my choice of these fine kitties...which one? How do I choose?
Mama Duck has brought hired help

'k folks, I've gotta take Darly to a field trip. we're gonna learn about bugs at an organic farm and pick strawberries...I may make something with them for you later. Party on! Oh, and don't trash the place...too bad.

I'm back. The place still looks relatively in one piece. he he
Carmen has suggested some tune-age "I'm comin' up so you better get this party started." AND she brought me this lovely gift!
Jen, the reason I even have a blog (for us to party on) in the first place has brought us some massaging recliners so we can all chill when we take a break from the party.
Kimba has been most thoughtful in her gift...something she can really use right now Cosmopolitans and chocolate truffles
Chi brings chocolate bars & ice cream
Buttercup said...
I'm bringing chocolate covered strawberries with fresh whip cream and margaritas. Calories don't exist in the virtual world. Woo-hoo!! She's so right!
Goofy Girl said...
"I'm bringing cheese fondue and chocolate fondue! Mmmm!!!" Can you say YUM?

And before I forget and look ungrateful... Denise has bestowed upon "little ol' me" the most prestegious honor of Friday's Fabulous Female...blogger isn't letting me grab my button right now, so can you pop over to her place to see it? Thanks.

The partying continues...

Scone said...
I was only going to swoop by momentarily (another migraine day), but these recliners of Jen's look comfy and I could use a nap. (Yes, a party is very likely quieter than my house with the kids in full swing.) I have some leftover birthday cake to share-- anybody want some? It's chocolate-mint!


mum2threegirls said...
Cripes, and I meant to say I'm brining DHs home made salsa and chips!

Mar said...
I am back to see who else is here partying, I brought brownies this time. All I had was coffee yesterday because it was early morning, lol

Carmen said...
Hey there! I took a dip in the pool and now I'm all cooled off. Back for some brownies and martinis and other virutal snackie-poos with no calories.

And you do not, I repeat, do not want to hear about the fondue fork incident.

Can I get some music up in here?

Maura said...
Love your new look! It's wonderful!! Sounds like your party was a huge success (hope the place isn't too torn up :)



SurrenderDorothy said...
Love the new look. I absolutely think it fits your personality.
My picture is now posted. You worked so hard to make it happen, I linked you in.
Renee- Your gift, How about a virtual getaway to the Anniversary Inn, the Egypt Room. www.anniversaryinn.com - You'll love it.



Goofy Girl said...
Awww, well fine Carmen. No fondue fork story.

I'm going to enjoy some delicious VA wine, you guys make some excellent stuff!!! :)

34 comments:

  1. Hey Renee. I really like the new look. A lot.

    (A little jealous.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your new look! Pink and Purple are my favorite colors!

    The Pink Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, great new template! congrats on your Fab Female button!!!!!! It is my luck you are having a blog party, ist is early morning so I have coffee ready. Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty new look. I didn't even get to put up a TT I got busy doing other things.
    I bought salsa and chips for your table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! Another party.

    Being that Goofy Girl designed my template, I can vouch that she's awesome!

    It's early, so I'm bringing virtual donuts and milk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new look!! LOVE it!
    I brought some champagne and some VA wine for your party. I think we should wait until noon to crack it open though!
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this new look, Renee! Goofy Girl is simply amazing in what she can do. For your party, I'm bringing in shrimp cocktails for everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. [Kukka munches on one of the itty-bitty cucumbers growing in Renee's garden.]

    I brought some Catniptinis and Bloody Kukka's (tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and a little something I like to call "Kukka's surprise"). I hope these people can handle their liquor!

    As for a blogwarming gift? I offer you your choice of a decorative feline metal sculpture for your garden. Not only is it a lovely garden ornament, it will also deter feral cats from peeing all over your veggies--because they'll see the metal alpha-feline and assume the territory has already been claimed.

    I love the new look, sister! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Bravo on your new diggs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo, it's a party!! The ducks are here, now you can start....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm bringing my Starbucks barista again, I want Starbucks bad enough this morning that I'm contemplating dragging a sick baby and my sick self out to get it ;).

    ReplyDelete
  11. your new template is very Fabulous!! ;) just like you

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still looking for the appropriate blogwarming gift for you. It's hard, because these darn WORK people keep asking me to WORK! ;)

    In the immortal words of Pink - "I'm comin' up so you better get this party started."

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found it!

    http://www.femailcreations.com/products/sku-106601__pc-findgift.html

    I might even have to get one for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Renee, this is cool! I'm really impressed :-)

    Since I'm having a crummy fibro day, I'm bringing the big massaging recliners everyone will be needing after all that dancing (I'll just stay in one from the start!)

    Enjoy your new template!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I'm so excited to attend a party at a pretty new place! Since I'm preggo and this is virtual, I'm bringing Cosmopolitans and chocolate truffles!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your look...Goofy Girl did a great job! *s*

    I am bringing chocolate bars & ice cream to your party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog looks great! I'm bringing chocolate covered strawberries with fresh whip cream and margaritas. Calories don't exist in the virtual world. Woo-hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad you like the new look! It's really great! :)

    I'm bringing cheese fondue and chocolate fondue! Mmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fondue! Well, I haven't had dinner yet, but oh well. A little fondue never hurt anyone. Unless you count the incident with the fondue fork that one time but it wasn't my fault. Really. I swear.

    I'm splittin' my time between you and amy today. It seems its PARTY TIME everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please do tell the story about the fondue fork Carmen! And have another cocktail while you're at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy new blog template Renee! I'll have to think of a nice blog warming gift. I love the new template!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah, I'm getting lazy posting what gifts I'm getting. I didn't go find pictures of everthing...yet. I'm tired and smell like smoke. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous new place, Renee. GG did a great job once again. I was only going to swoop by momentarily (another migraine day), but these recliners of Jen's look comfy and I could use a nap. (Yes, a party is very likely quieter than my house with the kids in full swing.) I have some leftover birthday cake to share-- anybody want some? It's chocolate-mint!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovin' the new digs!

    ROFL though. I just redid my blog, jumped over to your's to be sure I had the right address for my links, and voila!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cripes, and I meant to say I'm brining DHs home made salsa and chips!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am back to see who else is here partying, I brought brownies this time. All I had was coffee yesterday because it was early morning, lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey there! I took a dip in the pool and now I'm all cooled off. Back for some brownies and martinis and other virutal snackie-poos with no calories.

    And you do not, I repeat, do not want to hear about the fondue fork incident.

    Can I get some music up in here?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your new look! It's wonderful!! Sounds like your party was a huge success (hope the place isn't too torn up :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the new look. I absolutely think it fits your personality.

    My picture is now posted. You worked so hard to make it happen, I linked you in.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Renee- Your gift, How about a virtual getaway to the Anniversary Inn, the Egypt Room.

    www.anniversaryinn.com - You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awww, well fine Carmen. No fondue fork story.

    I'm going to enjoy some delicious VA wine, you guys make some excellent stuff!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. It looks great :) Congrats...Goofy Girl really does a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE it!!! I'm so glad for you. She does awesome work! :)

    ReplyDelete