Monday, April 08, 2013

Costume Closures pros & cons

Okay, I need to figure out how I want to hold these costumes closed for our current play.

Well I can easily rule out buttons as 1) they don't go with the look we want and 2) are a pain to do.

options are:

Velcro:
pros: makes changing go quickly
cons: difficult to put in the costume, hooks tend to grab onto and mess up fabric, noisy, and gives out or comes out over time.

Zipper:
pros: easy to install, lasts a long time
cons: frustrating to young actors and can be expensive.  Also tend to be tricky (grab fabric, etc)

Hook & Eye:
pros: easy to install, lasts a long time
cons: frustrating to young actors and easily ripped out (especially by young actors in a hurry)

Snaps:
pros: lasts a long time, easy for young actors to fasten
cons: time consuming to install

Honestly, I would like to just safety pin these!  But I have to choose one of the options above.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I skimmed this :) But I say no zippers. Too much chance of injury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went with Velcro. I can hear your relief sigh from here.

      Delete