Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"Instant" Chicken with gravy

I've been planning to make chicken with gravy for a while, I just didn't have the time to slow cook it all day.

So I pulled out my pressure cooker!  I've been storing up bones and vegetable leavings in the freezer for a while with the intent on making broth...and one day that will happen.  Yesterday was not that day.

First I needed some broth.  So I put what I thought were chicken bones (turns out they were turkey...no big deal really) and carrot, onion & celery in the pressure cooker with water and let that pressure cook for 20 minutes.  all totaled it probably took about 30 minutes as the cooker needed time to heat up.

Then I strained the broth and put it back into the pressure cooker with two frozen chicken breasts.  I added salt & spices here.  Another 30 minutes and I was ready to tear apart the chicken, add flour slurry and tadah I'm done.

all day flavor, about an hour & a half of working & cooking...mostly cooking. 

If only I had remembered to make biscuits for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment