Thursday, April 20, 2006

Here's what's been going on since my last post...

April 10th: Went to do newsletters at Church at 9am but one guy likes to get there at 7:30 and the other two ladies showed up around 8am...so I did about 20 minutes of work. Then Darly had gymnastics.

April 11th: Picture day for our homeschool group's yearbook. I kept notes of the kids names and how to spell them. I also got to holler at the kids for running around the library.

April 12th: Park Day...all social. Who says homeschoolers don't socialize?

April 13th: Coop class and I stayed to help paint a door afterward. Darly socialized some more. She learned about birds, ears & hearing and Spanish. It was Maundy Thursday...so off to Church. And it was also Teacher's night out...more socialization for me!

April 14th: Girl Scouts. The girls decorated eggs And we started a naked egg experiment. You place a raw egg in a closed jar of vinegar. The vinegar disolves the calcium from the egg's shell. All that's left is the egg inside the membrane. The reaction causes air bubbles to form on the egg and floats the egg, but if you shake the container gently the bubbles pop and the eggs sink again...ensuring total submersion in the vinegar and complete removal of the shell.

April 15th: DH took Darly to Kidz Kulture. They learned about the 30's & 40's. She came home with a ration booklet that they had made. It was also Darly's birthday. I got a call from Darly's Girl Scout Secret Sister's mom who wanted to bring by a card & gift for Darly...but still be secret. So I took Darly with me to pick up her cake & pizzas for dinner and her secret sister came while we were gone. Then MIL, my brother & nephew came over for pizza dinner. Darly got her Our Generation doll. Darly's doll has blond hair & brown eyes, but I can't find a picture of her on-line. She named her Emmy. It's now her best buddy and went with us everywhere. We're talking about cleaning Darly's old umbrella stroller for the doll to ride in...are we crazy?

April 16th: Easter! Darly made quick work of finding all the bunny loot while DH played the Easter Daddy and re-hid stuff while Darly wasn't looking. Then we all got ready and went to Church... Emmy came with us of course, but she didn't get blessed at communion...so Darly blessed her. After Church we went to MIL's house. DH spent the entire time working on MIL's house...her sprinkler system's pipes burst because she had turned it on and left town unexpectantly...it froze outside and the valves all burst. DH also decided to climb up the tree in the front yard to cut down some branches...what a mess!

April 17th: LLL meeting. A poor new mom had been there waiting for me from 9am because she saw on some website that's when the meeting began...I've got to find out where and fix that. Then we did a historic tour of our town. We went to the old School and the stage coach stop...quick break for ice cream and then the town cemetary. I found the stone for a family I know from Church. The husband died before we moved here, but I know the wife and she's fighting cancer right now. We're all praying that she doesn't join him too soon.

April 18th: Answered phones at Church and updated some records for them. My eyes were hurting after looking at the computer for so long. Also grocery run.

April 19th: Park Day again and homeschool yearbook picture day part two. This time I took the pix and got some really good ones from kids who didn't want to be there. This one guy was so grumpy but we let him climb on the rock wall and he smiled so big. And a teenager who didn't want to be there had barely sat down when I caught her grinning at her mom...it's a gorgeous picture of her.

And finally today: We have a tour of Petco at 10:30 and then I have a meeting tonight.

All the while I've been collecting dues, financial reports and complaints from LLL Leaders. :D It looks like its time to send out the late notices. bummer there were almost 60 who haven't turned theirs in yet.

4 comments:

  1. Busy, busy,busy. Hang on Renee'.

    Do you do year 'round schooling or do you take a summer break. We took about 6 weeks and then started half-days, then hit the full day schedule at the beginning of August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee,
    I didn't know what Kidz Kulture was, so I did a search. Obviously it's a parker program! But I ran across this pic:
    http://denver.yourhub.com/ImageHandler.axd?imageid=51817&copytype=2

    Cute!!

    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. You're a busy lady! I volunteer out at a Conservation Area and we do programs for homeschool kids all the time. I think it's neat..they seem to go on more field trips than regular school kids do. I think you learn more going on field trips.

    http://www.danno.org/blogs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to get an update Renee. You have a busy life. Good luck with LLL.

    ReplyDelete