Monday, April 10, 2006

I was there...

I know I said that I wouldn't be posting for a while and I probably shouldn't be because I've got other stuff to do...but ya know...

anyway

There's a song we sing at Church when someone gets baptized. It goes... "I was there to hear you borning cry, I'll be there when you are old, I rejoiced the day you were baptized, to see your life unfold..."

I posted before about the baby boy member of our Church who died not too long ago. His mom was back at Church on April 2nd and seeing her there brought me to tears. She was sitting alone, I was too but I don't know her and certainly didn't have the courage to sit next to her.

And then last Sunday she was singing with the choir for the cantata.

And I'm just in awe of this woman and how strong she must be. Here she has just lost her baby and she is singing. I don't think I could do it.

I feel so bad because I don't know what do to or say. I know who she is, but I don't know her...so should I say or do anything.

My last memory of her son is the day they sat behind me in Church and he was playing with some paper. Waving it around and making a little noise with it. Just being cute.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe just scootch up next to her and say, I've been thinking about you, it was good to see you up there singing!

    You don't have to be profound, I'm sure she'll just be glad to hear nice things from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sit next to her. That was the spirit nudging you to befriend her. Perhaps she needs you in a way you don't understand just yet. Or you need her.

    Write her a note, tell her she has been on your mind.

    Feeling sad for a family loss is hard, but families are forever and she will yet hold her son in her arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard. It is hard with friends and I believe sometimes it is harder with those that we just know.

    I think a note is not a bad idea. A handwritten note that express your heart. If she responds in a positive manner than the next time you see her you have a new reason to approach her, about the notes back and forth.

    I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just go over to her, you know you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Jen...tell her how much seeing her sing after her loss spoke to your heart. A simple touch on the arm, just to let her know you care. Happy Easter babe!

    ReplyDelete