Monday, November 21, 2011

My "vacation"

18-Nov
6:30 AM
wake up – shower, make coffee, check email, wake child
18-Nov
8:00 AM
leave for airport
18-Nov
9:00 AM
arrive at airport – head straight for security.  Small delay due to concealed creamer.
18-Nov
9:20 AM
arrive at gate – check with gate agent about moving seats.  She didn't think she could, but turns out she was able to do it just fine.
18-Nov
10:00 AM
board plane
18-Nov
10:30 AM
plane leaves for Florida – bought lunch on the plane for the first time…so not worth $9!
18-Nov
3:45 PM
arrive in Florida – Brother meets us at the gate.  SIL goes shopping with other SIL, we get car.
18-Nov
4:15 PM
leave airport – head to Brother’s hotel.  I watch nephews while Brother does some work.
18-Nov
6:15 PM
go to restaurant
18-Nov
7:30 PM
Grandma arrives – she was totally surprised to see us all there.  Mission accomplished!
18-Nov
10:30 PM
leave restaurant – I’m not really sure what time it was when we left, we were outside chatting.
19-Nov
12ish
arrive at Mom's – had to drive SIL & nephews to hotel room first and Mom’s about an hour away.
19-Nov
1:30 AM
go to bed – Mom had to catch up!

19-Nov
6:23 AM
wake up – I was surprised as Mom warned me that her dog might wake me at 4am.  Thanks for letting me sleep in Casey!  Mom had me set up her Christmas Village (btw: I hate Christmas Villages!), pack vacuum cleaner for me to take back with me, and help cook dinner. 
19-Nov
5:00 PM
call from SIL that they are an hour away.  Okay because we didn’t really expect them at 5.
19-Nov
6:20 PM
Brother & Family arrive, right when we expected them.
19-Nov
9:30 PM
or so, Brother & Family head to Cousin's house..so glad that I didn’t go with them.
19-Nov
10:30 PM
head to bed to try to make up some sleep.
20-Nov
1:00 AM
wake up…so much for making up sleep!
20-Nov
3:00 AM
wake up… REALLY???
20-Nov
4:20 AM
wake up… OYE!  Prepare for Zombie day!
20-Nov
5:15 AM
should have left for airport…Mom not ready yet
20-Nov
5:20 AM
actually left for airport…sigh!
20-Nov
6:25 AM
arrive at airport… This trip should not have taken this long, but Mom was driving slow to save gas.
20-Nov
7:00 AM
arrive at gate… luckily check in and security went very fast.  I don’t know how I zipped through check in so fast…lady let me cut in line!
20-Nov
7:15 AM
board plane – in Economy Plus for this trip… nice! 
20-Nov
7:45 AM
plane leaves for Colorado - But they didn’t have the breakfast menu and were low on snacks too!  I just had coffee.
20-Nov
9:30 AM
arrive in Colorado – 20 minutes early!  SIL’s dad is there to pick her up, I had to get the vacuum cleaner and lug it to passenger pick-up
20-Nov
10:00 AM
arrive at passenger pick-up … note husband & daughter are about ½ way through Church service…so I read.
20-Nov
11:30 AM
Husband & daughter arrive to pick me up – we head to “lunch” at Mimi’s Café.  YUM!

























































































No comments:

Post a Comment