Thursday, August 02, 2012

daily life goes on

So Darly went on a mission trip with our church's youth group.  They had a ton of fun and barely worked at all.  She didn't miss us at all either and the kids didn't want to come home at the end...but that could have been because they didn't want to be crammed into the cars like sardines for two days. ;o)

While she was gone I took care of Oreo along with our own pets.  Once Oreo got over the fact that his people weren't coming right back he settled into daily life at our house pretty well.  Lilly tolerated him...a bit too much in most cases.  Other than being extremely jealous when Oreo got to go for a ride and she had to stay home she didn't seem to mind when he left at all.  Oreo was overjoyed to be reunited with his family and quickly shunned me when he was in his mom's arms.

I've been working on our vacation.  For part of it we would like to go to a few theme parks and I wanted to use our military discount to get those tickets.  So first I emailed the ticket office for more info on how to do that.  No answer.  Then I called...still no answer.  So thinking that perhaps our ticket office was closed due to budget cuts, I tried another nearby base.  No answer.  I tried their second line...no answer.  So I poked around and found another phone number for our ticket office...no answer!  (note, I left messages too and never got a return call)  So hubby went by the office in person.  Guess what, it was open!  SHOCK!  But here's the kicker... it is now too late for us to order the tickets through them as we needed two weeks notice!  I tried contacting them two weeks ago!  GRRR!

Luckily we can get the tickets in person at a location near the theme park.  I need to try calling again to see if they need to be reserved...but guess what...No Answer!  LOL!

Our window that we ordered back in June is supposed to be replaced here soon...we'll see what the new 2pm time actually turns into.

No comments:

Post a Comment