Thursday, September 10, 2015

I got me a treadmill!

After lots of searching, I finally found a used treadmill that wasn't falling apart and I could get home easily enough.  Turns out it was at our favorite thrift store!  I had seen several listed on craigslist but this one the money is going to a great cause.
All we had to do once it was in the house was to realign the belt.  And even though hubby nearly blew a gasket that I had got the treadmill and moved it inside by myself, he insisted that he be the one to fix it.  It really bothers him how independent I am sometimes.

I've used it several times now...still trying to figure out the controls on it...and even with the manual it is confusing.  I'm a bit spoiled with the treadmills at my old gym that "talked" you through it.  ah well.  Another thing is the book rack/control panel is set too far back.  If you get close enough to use them you're bumping your feet into the motor housing.  I know it doesn't work so well for the folding (oops, did I remember to fold it back up last night???)  but the bar should be over the tread more.

In other news:
Darly did get into the musical review (we knew she would though).  She's currently singing 4 songs with a few solos.  There are still more solos to be assigned so she's working on that music so she can get a few of them...she really wants one that would be one of her bucket list roles.  fingers crossed!

She did NOT get into the "Improv" show that wasn't really improv.  The folks casting went with their own people.  Which I know happens all the time, but why bother wasting folks time if you're not really going to consider them???  Another thing we learned was that this show was for a fundraiser that was going to be $100 per person to attend (not the cast, but if I wanted to see the show).  And then there was all that the part required, in the end it didn't seem to me that the pay was going to make the part worth doing...we're a bit spoiled in that the improv troop that Darly is in charges more per hour than she would have made doing this show.  ah well

I submitted Darly's headshot & resume for another role, but we haven't heard anything so I guess that's a no.  It would have been nice if they had told us that they got it.  sigh

Lots of Halloween gigs coming up, but I'm not sure we can squeeze them in with the musical review.  One that came up today had their show running for two weekends including the weekend of the review.

Darly went driving last night.  With me she was pretty much totally against driving.  She got mad at me for DH asking her to go drive.  But apparently that went really well.  Parents are hopeful to get her driving here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment