Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Is anybody out there?

 I've decided to use this space as a Journal of sorts and a way to keep me accountable to the journey that I am starting.

Yesterday I started The 40-Day Sugar Fast (there's a book/devotional by Wendy Speake).  Why you might ask, well I've been trying to lose the extra weight that I managed to "put on overnight"... or while I wasn't looking.  I've developed a habit of mindlessly munching on snack foods because I need something else to do with my time.  You know, like watching a movie and eating popcorn...or watching TV with a bag of potato chips.

Well the time for that to stop is now.  My fast includes giving up all snack foods.

I think that the hardest part for me will be giving up my morning cups of coffee.  I cannot drink coffee black w/o sugar.  Just can't.  For me coffee is really just a sugar delivery device.  So bye-bye coffee.  :'(  I've replaced my two 14oz mugs of coffee with one 14oz mug of Apple Cinnamon Spice tea.  No caffeine (I was already drinking decaf but I know that does contain a tiny bit of caffeine) no added sugars.  So far, so good!  The thing that I noticed yesterday was the feeling of emptiness I felt w/o my usual morning sugar fix.  But I am still strong, and I can do this!

Yesterday I skipped lunch.  When I returned from volunteering I just wasn't in the mood to make my salad, so instead I had carrots with ranch dip and later some cheese.  No, that didn't really fill me up either and was frankly quite stupid of me, but I managed.

Dinner was no carbs...instead of the noodles that I made for hubby, I had zucchini...and was quite happy with my meal.  I did need a bit of something later, so I had some peanuts.  That worked out quite well.

Last night I had to take two medications for my still unexplained foot pain.  They both make you groggy and you shouldn't operate any heavy machinery until you know how your body reacts to them... so even though the doctor prescribed them last Friday, last night was the first night I took both of them.  I had tried the one Friday night (as I didn't have to do anything on Saturday) and I took the second one Sunday night.  Both of them separate seemed to have the same amount of morning grogginess.  And this morning I felt nearly the same...so it would seem that 1+1 does not = 2 on the grogginess scale.  However, neither drug has had any effect on my foot.  Unfortunately the one drug needs to build up in the body to start working, so phoey!

Today I'm doing fine w/o my morning sugar fix.  I've drank most of my Apple Cinnamon tea.  Oh!  I just remembered that I need to do our laundry today.  :p  fun times.

I guess that since this is a blog that I should tell you that I lost 1 pound, but that was the extra salt/water weight that I had put on the day before by eating most of a bag of Tostitos with Guac (yes, I was doing a bit of splurging before the fast).  :p  No more of that for a long while...hopefully when I get through all of this, I can do a single serving of those snacks and walk away.  If I can't, well, I'll have to see if hubby wants to eat those carbs for me.  LOL!

Well if you've read this and got through the entire thing, WOW!  Have a very blessed day!

Taste and see that the Lord is good;
    blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Fear the Lord, you his holy people,
    for those who fear him lack nothing.
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,

    but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.


Rend Your Heart

12 “Even now,” declares the Lord,
    “return to me with all your heart,

    with fasting and weeping and mourning.”  

1 comment:

  1. If you're wondering about costumes...I haven't had a costume gig since Feb 2020. Since the virus most theaters have either shut down completely or gone to a skeleton crew to keep things under control. I have taken on some sewing jobs (I have 3 right now that I should be working on instead of blogging.)

    ReplyDelete