Thursday, March 03, 2022

Sugar fast day 3. with foot "update"

 On day 3 of my sugar fast.  Today I had an MRI scheduled to attempt to figure out what is going on with my foot.  So when I woke up at 7:30 I was in a rush/panic as I had several things planned.  Haha.

First I had to get my dog Zuki out for our walk.  We ended up doing a short version of our usual walk (so yeah, I didn't get in my 20K steps today)  But we got in a good walk.

Once we got home, since it was nice and warm out today, I left her in the yard and ran upstairs for a quick shower.  I managed to get that done by 9:30 so I had a bit of time to get some fluids into me before heading to the MRI.

Imagine my frustration when I arrived on time for my appointment only to have to wait to first check in and then again to get called back for my MRI.  Lucky for them I came to the appointment dressed in metal free clothing and just had to remove my shoes and jacket.  So I was probably able to help catch them up for the next patient.

I probably lost some weight from shivering in the MRI.  IDK why they have to keep it so cold in there and then blow a fan on you.  BRRR!  They put headphones on you and let you listen to music while you are in there, but honestly even with the volume turned up it is very hard to hear the music and the MRI is very loud.  I wasn't claustrophobic in there, but that was probably due to the fact that I just kept my eyes shut.  I mean who wants to stare at a white tunnel?

When I got home I started making my lunch salad.  I still have dried cranberries that contain sugar that I put on my salad...but I am not considering those as going against my fast.  I won't be buying another bag until my fast is over...so when these are gone (it looks as if I might have 3 days worth left) that will be it until I decide what I plan to do when my fast is over.  The rest of my salad was all good girl stuff.

Zuki & I went for our walk with our friends E & G.  G & Zuki spent a lot of the walk "chewing" on each other.  We went around 5 miles to help make up for the short walk this morning.  We also met another Texas Heeler pup who looks like a taller version of Zuki.  His owner says he isn't as energetic as Zuki is.  weird

While I could have been more productive, I didn't do much with the rest of my day...dinner was super easy stuff and I have left-overs for tomorrow.  I will try again tomorrow to get my sewing projects done.  I don't have any other appointments so I should be able to do it.  Hopefully I don't get frustrated with them...two zippers.  fun

I got the results back from my MRI and it didn't show much.  The doctor was pretty sure that my foot pain was probably not related to anything in my back...however, they ordered the MRI to look at the lumbar section of my back when I had told them that dr google said they needed to look at my sacrum which is where I have a broken tailbone.  I sent a "nasty gram" to the PA who saw me about that.  We will see if she bothers to respond to that.  

Day 2 on the meds that they gave me and less grogginess this morning.  Probably due to oversleeping and jumping out of bed in a panic.  Still no improvement on my pain.  Tonight I've added back in the Naproxin that I had stopped taking.  It wasn't previously a huge help, but there were some times where I wasn't in as much pain.  Fingers crossed.

steps: 18,309  weight down another pound.

20 When the trumpets sounded, the army shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the men gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; so everyone charged straight in, and they took the city.


No comments:

Post a Comment