Saturday, August 27, 2005

Blowing off the block party...

Every year my neighbors get together for a block party. Today happens to be the day. I had totally forgotten about it until we arrived back home. But here is why I'm blowing it off...

Each year they have rented a bounce house jumpy thing. They want each family to chip in to pay for this thing. The last time I paid for it, I was told the price was supposed to be $10 per family, but it ended up being $20. Most of the families on the block have more than one child, I only have one and I think that she got to jump 3 times! Oh and I got stuck being the time keeper last time. I ended up loosing my voice because I had to scream at the kids to get them out of there and try to keep them from jumping on top of one another.

This year they decided that instead of our usual bring your own meat and a dish to share...that they wanted a pig roast that we each had to chip in toward. Again it was a set price per family instead of per person. Of course it should probably be priced per plate with my family since we don't eat that much.

So we aren't going. My next door neighbor (the one I like and get along with) isn't going either. They aren't going because there is a on-going argument between their son and another neighbor's boys who are racists. We should hold our own anti-party. It would probably be a lot more fun.

I think I need some more oxygen. We were up in Central City this afternoon and now I'm tired.

2 comments:

  1. That's annoying! I don't think that's fair, either.

    I turned on the word verification thing because I saw a lot of people were getting automated spam. With the verification, an actual person has to be doing the spam-leaving, which cuts down on some.

    You can turn it on, too, if you want. Go to the dashboard, then under the settings tab, then comments, then click "Show word verification for comments?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't been spamed yet. But thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete