Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Joys of Camping!

Well I know that you've all been waiting with baited breath to hear how our camping trip went...so here it is.
First we had to do a field trip with our Homeschooling Group to our Animal Shelter. It was a nice tour and we did not fall in love with anyone furry to take home...whew!
Then we headed over to the campground. As we were approaching the campground it started sprinkling. I was getting really concerned that we might get rained out, but kept on driving.
Once there the rain has quit, the sun is out and it is very hot!
The campground was very nice, with clean bathrooms that weren't too far away. Dinner went very well. My foil packet dinner was yummy and tried by most all of the adults there.
Getting the two air mattresses was a great idea as I wasn't bothered by DD's flopping at all. It was the highway noise, the noisy neighbor in the next camping spot, the coyotees running past our campsite and the cold that kept me up. I must have slept some because I woke up at 4 something needing to go to the bathroom. The moon was full, so I didn't need my flashlight at all.
So all in all camping was not too bad, except for the sleeping part. I plan to buy us a tent and maybe better sleeping bags too. Oh and I'll need some better cookware too. (I used the little lidded pot that came with my mess kit to boil water for my coffee, but dumped it into the fire trying to get it off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment