Friday, August 27, 2010

Craptacular update

well like I mentioned before Darly decided that she would like to try out for a play instead of doing gymnastics.

So that meant that last night was her last night at the gym for a while. I decided that I would send an email to the gym's owner letting him know that Darly wouldn't be in gymnastics for a while. (they ask that you do this so they can fill the spot from the wait list)

So I emailed the following:
I just wanted to let you know that Darly won’t be able to come to gymnastics for the next session. Since we were expecting that she would make Eagles she signed up to do another activity on Tuesdays & Thursday nights. It’s an awesome educational opportunity for her.

Luckily this is a short engagement and we’ll be back at the gym soon


I was really torn about what I should send in the email because I really wanted to tell them all my grievances about the situation. However in the end I felt it best to not burn that bridge until I was sure we were coming back. So I'll let them "have it!" when we go back or if we decide to quit.

Here's the email I got back:
Hi Renee....
Thank You for the heads up ....and when you return, we'll have a place for Darly......

HAPPY HANDSTANDS!!!


So I'm guessing that the owner wasn't really given a head's up on the situation. LOL But since he says she'll have a place we're going with it.

Now for the audition for the play. :D

3 comments:

  1. so the owner will make sure she gets on the team next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What play? I hope she gets a good part. You will have to let us know.

    GOOD-BYE GYM! I never like them anyway. HA! Kidding. Whatever Darly wants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a drama nerd in high school and I loved it! "Drama nerds" aren't really nerds anyway, they are the most awesome kids around! Best of luck to Darly! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete