Monday, October 11, 2010

Confirmation Retreat

I don't know what I was thinking when a few weeks back I agreed to help chaperone my daughter's Confirmation Retreat, but I agreed so I went.  Now I know what everyone complains about when they have a sleep over!  I got NO SLEEP!!!  Usually when Darly has a sleep over I get sleep...cuz I don't have to worry about how late the kids stay up...if they sleep, good, if the don't, oh well they're not my kids and they'll go home soon enough.

Not so at a Retreat.  See the first problem with this is I had to sleep in the same room with the kids girls.  Second, we had no beds...so sleeping on the floor.  I'm not such a good sleeper on the floor, even with an air mattress.  Then I had to get up several times for bathroom breaks because I had consumed a bunch of water because where we were staying was pretty dry.  ugh!  AND I had to get up at 6am.

The food was good, the kids were pretty good and the lesson was good too.  Just the lack of sleep.  When we got home on Saturday I went to sleep really quickly after our dinner...which I'm so thankful was left-overs.  If I had to start dinner from scratch we would still be hungry.  lol

So, will I do another retreat?  ummm Maybe I'll let someone else have that pleasure. ;o)

1 comment:

  1. So it was all great...except lack of sleep. And no Facebook? ;)

    ReplyDelete