Saturday, October 08, 2011

don't ask!

so after years of putting up with my co-leader for Girl Scouts' snide remarks she finally resigned yesterday, during our meeting...with a few more jabs at my expense.  She claims that her girls want more badges and activities and SHE can't be leading all the meetings with them.  I know this, I do a load of the meetings too...unfortunately they all tend to be the general upkeep of the troop type.  Registration, Ceremonies, Cookie Training.  Because my child isn't thrilled with being at the meetings any longer (her BFF quit) I've decided to resign also.  Being a leader is tiring and my only help without complaints was BFF's mom.

Then we had the costume parade today.  Unfortunately, I had planned to get a lot of things done this morning before the parade instead of finishing them last night...unfortunately because........

This morning hubby wakes up with symptoms of pneumonia.  He's been sick for a few days and doing fairly well (still going to work) but this morning after a rough night he felt dizzy and had some other signs that we needed to take him to see the doctor.

(note: we were both pretty skeptical about taking him to the doc because the last time he got pneumonia we took him to the ER, they ran tests and didn't find pneumonia.  Took him to the doc, confirmed diagnosis from ER and said he could fly.  Got to Michigan and was in the ER 2 days later near death with full blown double pneumonia!)

So I rearrange my schedule to fit hubby in.  Luckily, I had loaded the car Friday night with as many of the costumes as I could fit into it and I was able to drop them off when I took the girls (we had 2 extra with us this morning) to rehearsal.  My original plan was to take the second load when I returned for the parade.  But instead of finishing the labels on clothes and hangars, I was only able to reload the car...

Then I took hubby to the urgent care.  No appointment necessary... but that means waiting about 15 min in the waiting area, then about 20 min in an exam room, and then another 15 min for the x-ray and another 10 or so for the doc to say that it looks like it could be pneumonia, here's a scrip and come back in a few days.  The good news is that since hubby has a history of pneumonia the doc wasn't as lax as they were last time.  He went ahead and started treating him for pneumonia even though he doesn't have a confirmation of the diagnosis.

Well there went my chance at getting lunch!

Since the rehearsal location is right across the street from the doc office, I drove the second load of costumes off at the rehearsal and then took hubby home.  When I got back the costumes were pretty much ready for the parade.

The parade went FAIRLY well... I could have done without a few of the kids who didn't follow directions.  none of the boys seemed to be able to locate their ties or tuck in their shirts!  But otherwise not too bad.  We managed to do some alterations right there and get out by 2:15 or so.  YAY

Then I picked up hubby's scrip and finally got some food!  Hubby still  feels the same though, but I figure we're gonna need a bit more drugs before he feels any better.  sigh!  I just hope that we caught this early enough to avoid another trip to the ER.

Oh all the costumes are still in my car and will stay there until after Church tomorrow!  That is IF I make it to Church.  The doc said if Hubby started feeling worse to take him to the ER.

SUNDAY UPDATE:  Hubby says he feels 10 times better!  YAY!  Hopefully this works.  I'll take Darly to Church and see how he feels later.

1 comment:

  1. That's really scary about your DH. A history of pneumonia is nothing to take lightly and without being able to always see the same doc who knows the history, going for a visit is something of a roulette game.

    Well, good for you about Scouts. You're there for Darly anyway and her interests will change over the years. It's amazing how fast they grow up.