And that brings me to my post.
Today, yet again I saw the "Share this picture of Bill Gates and he'll give you $5K" meme. Okay, who is still believing this carp?!?! Probably the same folks who fall for the Nigerian scam. *eyeroll*
1) Nobody, I repeat NOBODY will give you money for sharing ANYTHING on Facebook! Just quit it people! (I really don't understand the mentality of the folks who start these memes. I suppose there is some sort of God complex that "I made something that is going viral." thing.)
2) Even if Bill Gates wanted to give everyone who shared his picture money...how would he do that exactly?!?! Facebook doesn't know where you live, unless you told them. If you told them you are crazy!
3) the picture mentions that it is time he finally started giving back to the people.
- Bill already gives MILLIONS to his charities... heard of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation?
- It is Bill's money, he can do with it whatever he wants?!?! Do YOU want the internet telling you to give your money away?
The same goes for the share this nice picture with nice words and you'll receive a miracle or if you love Jesus. Some go so far as to tell me that I must hate Jesus if I don't share it. Again with the viral thing. Oh and that goes for the "We're trying to see how fast things spread on the internet" memes. Duh!
So if you recognize yourself as one of those "sharers" know this... I WILL NOT SHARE ANYTHING! Unless it's a really cute picture of a bunny. I have my standards ya know. ;)
on to other stuff...
If you post something on your Facebook wall... everyone that your settings allow will see it.
If you post something on your friends' Facebook wall...everyone that their settings allow will see it.
If you want to tell your friend something in private...that's what the Messages part is for.
If you REALLY want to tell your friend something...use your email, texting or call them. :p
okay, I think I'm done. If you have a Facebook sin that bothers you...feel free to share it below in the comments. :D