Thursday, November 20, 2008

I need something new up here! Thursday Thirteen

I don't really have anything new to blog about though. sigh

1) I guess my biggest news is that Google now offers Theme backgrounds for your email account. It's been fun checking them all out.

2) Next biggest news is that I've been offered the opportunity to help at the Scholastic Warehouse Book sale. They'll give me free books! Yippee! I hope the work isn't too hard though...and that the warehouse isn't too cold. burr!

3) I'm still plugging away at reading the book. I hope to have it finished soon so I can tell you all about it.

4) I cleaned my toilets this morning...I tried vinegar & baking soda. I didn't get a fun volcano though. :(

5) I thought my MIL was calling me today about our Thanksgiving menu...looks like I need to call her though.

6) I still need to call up American Girl Catalog about the missing part in one of Darly's toys. sigh

7) I also need to figure out which patterns I'm going to sew for Darly...they'll be my Christmas present to her.

8) Dh & I went over Darly's HUGE Christmas wish list last night and figured out what we'll get for her. She's in for a huge cutback in the loot, cuz she has way too much stuff already.

9) Yeah, like we're really going to cut back! I'll see that when it happens!

10) We got hit with a cold front today. It actually came in yesterday. Tuesday we had a high of 80, now it's cold! Burr!

11) I signed up to do Leanne's Handmade Gift Exchange. Now I need to come up with a good handmade gift. hee hee

12) I also signed up for Kailani's Ornament exchange. I did that last year and it was a lot of fun...I got to add to my bunny collection!

13) Boy that was tough...it's been a slow week here. How's your week going?

See another boring day at Renee's place.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:16 PM

    I'm not sure I could handle having my toilet turn into a volcano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on 8 and 9. Every year we say we are going to cut back. It never happens here either. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how a "boring" day can still seem so busy? And I think most people are thinking about your #9. This year all the adults in my circle of family and friends have agreed not to buy gifts for each other and just concentrate on the kids. Let's see if they stick to that promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 and 9 made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new Gmail themes. I changed mine like four times the first hour I discovered them.

    About the toilet, I, um, knocked your toothbrush in the toilet and I wasn't able to tell you before you could use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been checking out those backgrounds, too, but haven't found anything I really like. No pink. No polka dots. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete