Monday, September 17, 2012

Chicken & rice recipe

I haven't had a lot to say here, so I thought that I would share some of the recipes that have worked for my picky family...

I needed a quick and easy recipe for dinner the other night (as I had forgotten to thaw anything out) so I ran to the store and picked up a rotisserie cooked chicken.

I ripped half the chicken off the bones (saved the bones for broth later in the freezer) and cut up the meat into bite sized pieces.

I cooked 4 cups of rice in chicken bouillon* in my rice cooker.

Then I just mixed the two.  I served it with cooked frozen veggies on the side.

The next day to mix it up a bit, I "whipped" up a batch of gravy...
2TBSP butter
2TBSP corn starch
chicken bouillon, water, salt & pepper

and poured that over the left-over chicken & rice.

Both dishes were a hit here.

*note: you could easily use chicken broth or stock.  I just didn't have any at the time...but I will soon as I have that carcass in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment