Monday, September 17, 2012

Pizzagna

I cudda sworn that this recipe was already on my blog, but I couldn't find it...so here it is...again if you've already seen it.

16 oz cooked large egg noodles (or if you're fancy use one of those other noodles that will grab a lot of the sauce)
2 jars of your favorite pizza sauce (sorry I don't remember how many ounces that is...if you make your own pizza sauce it's about 4 cups or so, I think)
8oz LARGE curd cottage cheese (you could use small curd or ricotta cheese if you like...we like the large)
any pizza toppings you like (we like pepperoni & canadian bacon cut up)
mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on top

cook up your noodles and drain them

In that same pot heat up your pizza sauce with the toppings and the cottage cheese.  Add the noodles back in and stir well to mix.  Serve with the mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on top.

This recipe is modified from one I saw on Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals...but she makes her own sauce and uses ricotta cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment