Monday, October 10, 2005

End of summer!

Well yesterday and today marked the official end of summer here in Colorado. They predicted 3-6 inches of snow...we got at least 8 inches. Everything is white and it's still coming down.

Lilly our dog refused to go potty all last evening because she hates getting her paws wet (it was raining then) so she held it all night. Then this morning was all covered in snow and she didn't want to go out in it. So I get all suited up...boots, gloves, heavy coat and go out there in the yard. I call her to come to me...she comes but then runs back to the door. I call her again and she comes and I tell her to go potty.
She goes potty on the porch...oh well she can't really tell that it's not the yard and at least she went.

But then, get this, she decides "wait a minute! This is that fun stuff!" and starts romping around in it... "let's play!" So we play for like a nano-second and then go inside.

Later Darly goes out to sled. Dh thinks she's crazy (It's Columbus Day, federal holiday so he's home today). Even later DH goes out to knock the snow off our trees which are all bent over like gymnasts. Lilly can't stand it anymore and beggs to go out again. So she's out there running around like a squirell on drugs or something. They are all still out there as I sit in the cozy warmth of the house.

Last week was crazy...as usual. But it came with the added benefit of finding a lump in my breast. This week I get to have my first mamogram a diagnostic not a scanning where they are looking for lumps (since I already have a lump.) Funny the experts recommend that you get your first mamogram at 35 (which I didn't) but then you can wait until you are 40 for the next one... that would have missed this lump by two years. You have to see the humor in things when your are scared out of your mind.

So today we aren't doing anything except snow removal...which should all be gone by tomorrow because this is Denver. he he
Tomorrow I have an appointment and then TNO! Yay! I so need to get out. The roads better be clear or I'm putting the car into 4x4 and going anyway! I'll go pick up all my friends too! I need this.
Wednesday we have a coop class and then my mamogram. I'm taking a friend who can wait with Darly while I'm having my breast smushed beyond recognition. I still have to let her know that there is a lump...somehow.
Thursday MIL is coming to stay with Darly & DH while I go to a conference. I just found out that my room will be used by day as a nursing room... ha ha. I guess I'll leave a note that someone is using the room at night...don't get all snoopy. :D I won't be back until Sunday evening.
Oh Shoot! Next Monday is my LLL meeting. I may have to just wing it or talk about the conference...yeah, that'll work!

TTFN!

1 comment: