Monday, October 03, 2005

DH is home!

He got back Friday night a little later than expected, but all in one piece.

He called us on Wednesday (the 28th) to say he would be home on Friday. He said that he should be done with everything on the base by 5pm (or 17:00) and would need to be picked up at 18:00. I said that would could work out that when he actually got here.

So on Friday, Darly & I are sitting around w/ nothing to do waiting for DH's call. We had already cleaned the house like a madman. Finally he calls after 6pm to come & get him...tells me to come to the main gate.
I jump in the car and drive to the gate...IT'S CLOSED! No lights, no sign, no nothing...just a closed gate! I call DH's office and he can't believe the gate is closed either...he thinks I'm at the wrong gate. Finally he asks a guy in the office and he says "Oh yeah, they've decided to use the BX gate now."
So I get directions outta DH to the other gate and pull in there. This gate does NOT have Visitor's parking and I have NO ID card (confiscated by the guard at my last visit to the base...mind you, I HAVE NEVER TRIED TO GET ONTO THE BASE AT ALL, but anyway!) There was an area that I could pull over into...very small. Luckily the guards didn't pay me much attention...however, everyone else who drove past had to look.
Soon after I get there a news truck shows up. The guard tells the news truck that someone from PA will be with him soon. Then later says that everything they have to say has been said. We're not sure why they were there as all the news was there to catch DH's plane landing...he even got interviewed...but they didn't use him on the news...I guess he didn't tell gorey enough stories. (and he tells a very dry story anyway ;o)

So we got him home and he didn't freak out over the painting job that I did...of course he hasn't said what he thinks of it yet. He was okay with having to mow the grass...I couldn't get our mower to start (doesn't help that he installed the new start/stop lever upside down...so stop is start & vice versa.) The dog was overjoyed to see him.

Speaking of the dog...ever since we took her camping she doesn't go willingly into her room when we leave the house anymore. I have to bribe her with a treat. Before she would be dancing around when we were putting on our shoes (that's when I feed her). dunno what's up with that. We're thinking that maybe she thinks that we'll take her with us if she protests. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment