Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Vacation to Williamsburg VA...Part 1

Blogger was acting very funny today when I tried to post my "I'm Back" so I'm doing this in short burst so hopefully I won't loose too much.

We left Lilly at Grandma's house on the night before we left for our trip. She likes grandma and was only slightly upset when we left her there.

Our flight left here at 7:35am which meant that we had to be at the airport at 6am which meant that we had to leave our house by 5am (we thought...it didn't take that long at that time in the morning) which meant that we had to get up at 3:55am. I took my shower the night before, so all I had to do was to get dressed. Dh was supposed to wake me up at 3:55am with him, but he waited until he finished his shower. It turned out to be fine...with me only freaking out a little bit.

Like I said we got all packed and left the house (I had checked on the rabbits one final time as the sitter wouldn't come until the next day) and we left at about 5:05ish. Traffic was fine and we made it to the car park at about 5:40am... maybe earlier.

We got checked in and headed to the gate. Then I decided to go get breakfast...that we had to wolf down because I couldn't take my coffee on the plane. (That restriction was supposed to be lifted today.)

Okay, I'll skip to VA now as Baltimore was pretty boring.

We decided to try to see if our friends might be home on the way to our hotel. We got just down the road from their house and tried to call them...we got the machine and just let them know that we were in town. We then headed for our hotel...dropped off our bags, tried calling again and then went to dinner.

After we had dinner we reached our friends and went over to their house to catch up on old times. DH met them when we lived in FL and we've only seen each other a few times since we all moved away. They had another kid that we hadn't met. Darly had a great time playing with their middle child. The oldest wanted to hang out with us...she's really a small adult now.

DH had said that we wanted to try to leave there by 9pm. We didn't get out until 10:30pm. They're very talkative!

The next morning we were heading to Busch Gardens. We had a great time. I got bit by a Lorikeet and needed to go to the first aid station for some anti-biotic...just to be safe. I'm sorry but you'll have to wait for our pictures as we used the disposable camera only that day in case we decided to get wet...which we didn't.
Darly decided that she wanted to ride on "The Kurse of the Dark Kastle" ride. But she decided to not use the 3-D glasses. She said it made her see two of the images. I should have taken my glasses off to see her experience. I was worried that she might get scared and have nightmares, but I don't think that she got to see as much as we did. All the ghosts tried to eat my head!
We were bummed with the Ireland as their flyer says that they have an Irish Step dance show and there wasn't one. Instead we got to see Dubblin Over (lame singing show) and "The Secrets of O'Sullivan Castle" which was much better...be we saw it with a different actor, than shown here.

As we left we were asked to complete a survey about our experience. We told her that overall it was a great day but that we were too cold in many attractions, the volume was too loud and that there were dead bodies all over the place!

We were especially pleased that this park, unlike it's counterpart in Tampa, offers a lot of rides for children Darly's age. Most places have the little "kiddy" rides and then adult rides... BGW offers rides for kiddy, children & adults.

Wow it's late...more tomorrow and pictures later

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back! I'm glad you enjoyed the theme park, now I'll look forward to reading about the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I enjoyed your post. Can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a fun trip! I'm looking forward to the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home. Humans find such interesting things to do. I think I would have preferred to stay home with Lilly or the rabbits, but I do enjoy reading about it from the comfort of my own home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you again! Sounds like a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete