Thursday, July 31, 2008

Chores of late...


Check out this beauty that I bought recently!DH was very impressed which is saying a lot.


Darly has outgrown her little toddler desk so this will be her new desk. Although DH & I won't allow her to store all her junk in it, cuz it's going in the family room. Right now the desk is in parts and in my garage because I'm cleaning it up. This desk was formerly the school desk for a homeschooling friend of ours and she "decorated" the desk a bit. So I spent a bit of today washing the desk with some wood soap to get off the majority of the art work. I have to check with DH to see how much more art work he wants removed and how hard he wants me to try to remove it. Then I get to turn that project over to DH because when we moved it I noticed that a few of the screws that hold the top of the desk down are stripped out. It's an easy fix and we even have all the tools. Just maybe DH will finish it by the time Darly & I get back from our camping trip.




My second project has been to work on cutting down a dead tree in our back yard. It would have gone much faster if we had any power tools, but DH was worried about trying to cut down a tree with his skill saw...frankly I was too, but using a pruning saw was a lot of work. We finally got the stump down last night and today I've been working on cutting the stump into fire wood for my camping trip. I think I am about 1/2 the way through. YAY! It's been quite the workout and with daily temperatures pushing 100 degrees, it's been hot too. :P




And finally I've been getting ready for our camping trip. I need to print out my check list, but I'm pretty sure that everything that we need is all in the camping gear pile. I'll just need to pick up ice on the way, cuz I'm out of room to store it here. I should also start getting my food together. I could do all of that on Saturday. We leave on Sunday. DH & the attack rabbits will be here until we get back on Wednesday.


9 comments:

  1. I want to see the desk! Any pix?
    xo
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird. When I posted this the desk was there and when I looked at my entire blog it was there, but when I come to just this post, it disappears. weird.
    I may have to reload the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted a roll-top desk like that :) Miss Darly is a pretty lucky little girl.

    Enjoy your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice desk!

    For some reason, your pruning saw story made me think of the time George becomes a hand model and Jerry is like, "Well, I guess that's what comes from avoiding manual labor your entire life."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the desk - I had one very similar when I was a kid - kid size though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOOoooooooo! I see a place fur a kitty to hide in Darly's new desk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great student desk! I like that it has all those slots to keep you organized.

    ReplyDelete