Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ah Hail!

Did I show you my hail pictures? Here, lemme get those!
Well after the storm we had to go out and access the damages.  We have 5 screens that need to be replaced, the lines to our A/C unit were cracked (they still work THANK Goodness!) and there is some paint that was chipped off. 

But then we have to get the roof checked out. 

My neighbor (the one with all the cars) is in the contracting business and knows a guy.  He told me that he was going to ask his roofing friend if he would do our roofs for what the insurance would pay.  And since my neighbor was able to line up 5 interested folks the roofer was all for it.

So now I wait for my insurance adjuster to take a look to see how much they'll give me for the roof.  I'm also going to see if they'll fix my falling front porch too!  Hopefully the adjuster calls soon.  Not that I'm in a hurry to get the roof replaced...I would just like them to call me back.  I hate waiting.
 Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

5 comments:

  1. Good grief. At first I thought you were showing snow pictures from winter. What a storm. Thank goodness your AC is still working. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, your title cracked me up! WOW, I have never in my life seen hail like that. Crazy. I'm glad to hear there wasn't too much damage. Hopefully you can get everything fixed up with a low cost! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I got laugh at comments about AC when you've got hail that looks like that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a mess! Sorry about your roof. We need to have ours replaced, not because of hail but because it's so old. In fact our insurance company is insisting on it (at our expense.)

    About that robin. If the netting doesn't work, it would seem that you have three options:
    1 - get an outside cat
    2 - plant enough strawberries for you and the robin too.
    3 - train Lilly to go after that bird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly!! That's nuts!!

    ReplyDelete