Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yahoo is WORTHLESS!

I know that doesn't sound like a very nice thing to say. But I'm very frustrated with them. Yesterday I received an email from someone pretending to be from Yahoo telling me that I needed to update my email account for some odd reason. However, when I saw what it was they considered an update it was pretty easy to figure out that it was a very poor attempt at phishing my info. They wanted me to EMAIL them my account id, my password, my birthdate & my country of origin. Yeah right! Do I look like I just fell off the turnip truck?!?!?

Anyway, so I found out how to get to the full headers so that I could report the email as abuse...and had to cut and paste the headers to the email (since when did that change happen?) and then forwarded the email to yahoo abuse.

Today I got an email from yahoo telling me that because the person was not a yahoo user there was NOTHING they could do. WHAT?!??! Some idiot is out there trying to steal info and my only recourse is to hit delete?!?!?!? What kind of abuse prevention is that?

I just have to pray that no one fell for that sad excuse for a phishing scam.
Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

4 comments:

  1. Phishing scams are the worst. I think gmail is much better than yahoo for the spam from my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only use Yahoo! to play games. Literally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with goofy girl--gmail (so far) has proven to be much better than yahoo. i'm always marking things as "spam" in yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. Gmail seems to do a good job of sending things directly to spam so I never see them. Even some emails that aren't spam :)

    ReplyDelete