Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Laundry Day...FINALLY!

Darly has been doing her own laundry for a while now...sometimes I have her do all the laundry.  But normally she just does her own.
The reason for this is because she never has her laundry ready for when I want to do laundry.  I'll sit around all day waiting for her laundry and finally I was running out of clothes because she kept putting off getting her things ready to be washed.
So now she does her own...and today she FINALLY did her laundry because she is totally out of clean clothes to wear.  Yesterday she wore some capri pants because all of her pants were in the hamper.  Well at least it is now getting done.  Today she asked if she really needed to wash her blue sheet separate from the white sheet.  Seeing as the sheet is fairly old and we wash all the clothes in cold water, I told her it would be okay.  I doubt that the blue is going to bleed on anything.

Ah, at least she's learned that life skill!  Now to convince her to come learn how to cook with me.

1 comment:

  1. Laundry is a crucial skill. There is a story at where my kids went to college, about the freshman guy who was clueless when it came to laundry. He put everything, including his suit and tie into the washer and dumped in detergent and then bleach! Some things are learned the hard way. Hopefully Darly will learn to cook before things get that desperate. :)

    ReplyDelete