Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Where did the time go?

Wasn't it just yesterday that we had our baby baptized?  Now we're looking at her Confirmation.  Sigh!

Of course she has been working toward this since 5th grade (3 years ago).  Darly's faith is amazing, she has grown into such a godly young woman (ACK!  Did I just call her a woman???)  sigh!  alas she is.

Last Wednesday our Pastor asked all the parents to come after the kids' class so we could plan the final retreat and the actual Confirmation ceremony.  In preparation for this meeting I asked my DH to get me his work schedule...and I asked the coordinator for Darly's acting group to confirm the dates for the mandatory parent meetings so I could schedule around them.  OF COURSE neither of them got back to me with my requests in time for the parent meeting.  and OF COURSE the next day DH tells me that he has to work on the date that the pastor scheduled the Confirmation ceremony.

I've talked with the Pastor about DH having to work on the date he wants to do the Confirmation ceremony.  I came up with what I thought was a good solution too.  I suggested that Darly read her witness statement on a date that DH can be there and then have her ceremony with the rest of the kids.  But pastor would like to ask the other parents about moving the confirmation ceremony.  I really don't want to do anything that makes Darly stand out from the other kids as they are all important equally.  So we'll see how that goes.  However, if we do have the ceremony on Mother's Day (one of the possibilities) it would be cool as Darly was baptized on Mother's Day.  :D

So things on my plate...

Ash Wednesday & Lent, each with a confirmation class afterward.
Darly's next show (audition, rehearsals, costuming).  She auditions this Friday.  (maybe callback?  although not likely for this show, the director knows Darly well and can cast her w/o a callback.)
Send in paperwork for Darly's homeschooling (yearly requirement)
Easter
Darly's Birthday
Darly's actual show dates
Darly's Confirmation

Darly would like to have a tea party for her birthday party...on her actual birthday.  We have the menu and invites all ready...will just need to send invites, clean house and make the food.  I should probably clean the freezer so there is room to start making some of the food before hand.

We've also started working on invitations for Darly's Confirmation ceremony.  One of her friends is a budding photographer and we're going to have her take Darly's pictures for the invites.  They'll also play around with taking some "artsy" photos just for fun.  For that Darly wants to dress "steampunk" so we're working on that costume.  Thank goodness we have most of the parts of this costume already... there are just a few things that will need to be made...like the orange skirt (???) no idea why it needs to be orange.  LOL!  This morning I found a video for dyi steampunk goggles with stuff from your house.  Which is good, because I really did NOT want to have to go out to buy any of this stuff!

Okay, that's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment