Friday, February 17, 2006

Here's what actually happened Feb 16, 2006

So it was very very late on Feb 15th and I was trying really hard to come up with my Thursday 13. But then I realized that in a few minutes it would be Feb 16th, the anniversary of when DH proposed and wrote my lovely TT about that.

So after I logged off for the night, I left DH a nice little Happy Anniversary note for him to find in the morning. And then I go to bed.

I get up around 8:30am-ish in the mornings. DH leaves for work at about 6:45am. So I go down and see that my note is still pretty much where I left it with nothing from DH on it. (in the past, "I love you" notes usually have "I love you, too" written on them. That's all I expected for this day.) So I'm wondering if he didn't even see the note.

When he gets home that evening, I show him the note and he just looks at me.

Me: "You don't know what anniversary this is?"

Him: "The day we met?"

Me: "No."

Him: "Oh, the day I proposed."

Me: "So not a Happy Anniversary?"

Him: "I'm not going to say anything about that." (pleading the 5th)

Hummm So I have to wonder if remembering another anniversary is just too much or if he has regrets about that day. I'm more inclinded to believe the first, but I know that sometimes I get on his nerves.

Like yesterday...
Darly & I made brownies for DH's birthday on the 12th. We had been each having a brownie for desert each night. Wednesday night I went out to TNO and didn't have my brownie...so last night there was one brownie left (my Wednesday night brownie) so I go to eat it. Darly states that SHE wanted that brownie. I give her a dirty look as it is MY brownie, but since I don't want to start a war over a brownie I give it to her.
Then as soon as I decide to give it to her, she decides that No, it's really my brownie and I should have it. But I've already surrendered the brownie and I really don't want it anymore. So she's feeling really guilty and wants me to have it, but I've already picked a different desert and started eating it. So I tell her "eat the brownie or throw it in the trash." Well apparently that wasn't the thing to say because she draggs DH into it and now he is ganging up against me. WHAT??? And I don't even know how this happened (probably from picking her nose again) but she got a nose bleed and it gets all over her sweater. GAHHHH!
So now DH is upset with me for not rushing immediately over to take control of the situation. I calmly tell him "I'll clean the sweater AFTER her nose stops bleeding." Dirty looks!

So now he is all ticked off at me for "starting" a fight with Darly. Hummm I didn't start the fight, she did. And no matter what he thinks, I AM allowed to fight with her and she is old enough to deal with my anger. And now I'm ticked off at him because he ALWAYS takes her side in our arguments.

The funny thing is: He thought that I should eat the brownie, but he's always after me for what I'm eating because the thinks it's his job to make sure that I don't gain weight again... They are both driving me CRAZY!

5 comments:

  1. sooo, did you get the blood off her sweater and finger?

    Don't you love having dessert covered in angst?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every married couple gets on each other's nerves from time to time, so I'm sure he's not regretting asking you to marry him over little stuff like that.

    My guess is that he probably totally forgot it, a lot of people don't celebrate their proposal for long after they've got real anniversaries, and then he was put off because you were challenging him about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll eat the brownie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:34 PM

    oh yeah, i've had days like that, well, actually weeks. i can remember the day i met my husband, because it was valentines day, but i don't remember the day he proposed, but i remember the day my sister-in-law got engaged, because it was the day after my wedding. i also always mix up my wedding day, it's june 22, but i always think it's the 21st, the first day of summer, but it's not. for years i had to look it up but it's been long enough now that i actually do remember. and i would have eaten the brownie myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He probably forgot. My husband doesn't even remember that date.

    Brownies? Yum!!

    ReplyDelete