Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thursday 13: Anniversary

I took the table off this post because it was messing up my formatting. Renee

Thirteen Things about Today


1. Today is the Anniversary of the day that my DH asked me to marry him.

2. We met each other on December 16th, 1990.

3. On the day we met, he asked me to go with him to Busch Gardens on the 29th of December.

4. On Dec 26th, He asked me over to his apartment to watch a movie (Pretty Woman) and have pizza. I had already agreed to pick up a friend from the airport that evening...but I agreed to go over anyway.

5. I stayed at his place as long as I could (calling the airlines to check on my friend's flight) before leaving to pick her up. I spent the night at my friend's place talking about him...and she was talking about this cute guy that she had met on her flight.

6. I told my friend "He's a nice guy and all, but I don't think I'll marry him or anything." She was making plans to marry the guy that she had met on the plane.

7. In April, He had to go to Las Vegas for a business trip and was planning to take a few days vacation and visit his parents in LA after. I am pretty sure that I asked if I could fly out to Vegas to join him and he said yes! He even bought the tickets... I had assumed that I would be paying for them, so I took that money out of my savings acct to pay him back... he never took the money and I never put it back in my acct, so it got spent. oops! But I didn't spend it on this trip.

8. When we had been dating 6 months, I sent him flowers at work. The florist called his office to get directions there and his co-workers all knew that he was going to get flowers before he did, so they all made sure they were there when the flowers arrived... he was very embarassed.

9. In October 1991 He tried to break up with me for no given reason. I was determined to make this work and finally he admitted that the reason he was trying to break up was because he had to go out of the country on business for 3 months and he didn't want to make me wait for him. I told him that I wanted to wait.

10. He was gone for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years & my birthday. I collected his mail & watered his plants while he was gone.

11. He called me about once every 2 weeks in Nov, about every week in Dec and every few days in Jan. He also send me quite a bit of mail while he was gone.

12. The first weekend when he got back we celebrated Thanksgiving (I cooked him dinner at his apartment), we celebrated Christmas the following weekend, we celebrated my birthday the next weekend and then his birthday a few days later. Then on Valentines day he invited me to attend the wedding of one of his co-workers with him. I caught the bouquet, he caught the garter.

13. To celebrate the anniversary of the day that we met (1 year and 2 months later) on February 16th, 1992 he asked me to marry him.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
~*~Laura~*~KDubs~*~ladydaria~*~Karri
~*~FrogLegs~*~Jen~*~Bone~*~froggie~*~better safe than sorry
~*~ "d" ~*~lisa~*~killired~*~Kimmy~*~theidlereceptionist
~*~audra~*~mamamel~*~Courtney~*~lazydaisy
~*~veronika~*~
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



19 comments:

  1. enjoy this special anniversary
    my TT is up

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! Enjoy your anniversary! Celebrate it with style! :) Mine are up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! What a sweet post!

    Mine are up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that was sweet.

    Happy Anniversary, kind of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and what a great story! Happy Anniversary!

    Got my TT up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:55 AM

    awww, how sweet is that. happy anniversary.
    i love the flowers thing, i'll bet he was embarrased. no pic huh?
    i'm doing the 13 today too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwww... so dang sweet! the best tt I've read today! Mine are up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy such a special day! I love this list!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT! You're all linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great list!

    mine are up too!
    http://killired.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really sweet! Happy "He asked me to marry him" Anniversary

    Thanks for reading my 13 memories in honor of my brothers' b-day :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet list. Now I feel all happy and mushy. I'm going to go call my husband! :)

    My 13 are up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice series of events :) (except for the trying to break up with you...good thing you didn't allow that! lol) I love how you two celebrated all the things you'd missed while he was gone...how fun is that!

    Happy kind-of Anniversary!

    My 13 are up
    http://snaphappymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh....I'm in purple puddles here! What a great story. My 13 are up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is SO sweet! Happy almost anniversary!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a sweet story! happy anniversary! well, sort of, right? :)

    my Thursday Thirteen is also up: http://verabear.bravejournal.com/entry/16972

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet. I love great love stories.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a day late on visiting your TT. Sweet story!!

    ReplyDelete