Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Thank Your Fairy Blogmother Week 2006

Momma K has created a new holiday, just for Fairy Blogmothers! Here's her description of the special day:


"You didn’t know that you had a Fairy Blog Mother ? Why, of course you do. You may have more than one. You may even have a male Fairy Blog Mother. Your Fairy Blog Mothers are those people who first inspired you to begin a blog of your own."

I had heard about Weblogs on TV I think. But they were described as on-line diaries. So since I can't keep a real diary, I didn't have any interest in them at all.

Then my friend Jen decided to hold one of her Co-op classes for our homeschooling support group on starting your own blog. Still I wasn't interested (can you believe it?!?!?)

But I eventually became interested when Jen started sending us links to her blog. She was posting all sorts of cool stuff and it looked like fun. I figured I would give it a try.

My blog started off saying "I don't know what I'll do here, if anything..." but apparently I overcame that soon enough because I joined the blog Olympics! And I didn't do too badly either. There was even one point where I had TWO blogs, but I gave the other one up... I haven't figured out that 80 hour day so for now it's just one blog.

I don't think that I really came out of my blogging shell until I found out about, threw Jen (of course) Thursday Thirteen. Since then I've been a comment whore.

So that's my story. Who's your Fairy Blog Mother?

6 comments:

  1. Glad you joined us out here! Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I honestly don't remember how I got started. I just wanted to write and so I started writing! And the rest is... well it's right there on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started my blog while waiting anxiously for news on my sister-in-law and her long awaited adoption of her little girl (9 years they waited for this angel). I was checking my email for the hundredth time that day, and was reading my other sister-in-law's blog Sconeat12.blogspot.com, so the idea strikes, and I started Has to be a Pony Somewhere, then in the process of moving, I deleted it and started over, I kept up with my blogfriends, Renee', Lass, Ivy,MommaK, Leanne and Scone. I started All these things not too long after my moving funk, but had to delete it when a family member(She's a witch, really true wiccan and scary, she is also my older sister) started using my words against me and twisted everything to suit her purposes(the purpose being to get the family to hate me and like her). So I lurked and waited...
    Enter Surrender Dorothy. I changed my identity and started a new life. And she is absent from it.

    So, to answer your question my fairyblogmother is Scone, with a touch of Renee',Leanne,MommaK,Lass,Ivy, and a hint of Bone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same as you, I heard about the "online diaries" from a tech TV station. When I went online to investigate, I stumbled onto Dooce. I was both shocked and apalled at the stuff she was writing, but curious.

    Heck, if she can write about her life, so can I. So I jumped in with both feet and haven't surfaced since. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just leaving a comment for the "comment whore!" ;-) Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita of Fighting Inertia is my Fairy Blogmother. I read her blog for a year, well, I lurked there. I finally came out of the shadows and posted a comment. Our sons go to school together, that is how I know her.

    ReplyDelete