Monday, February 20, 2006

It's still Monday...

Well that's what I get for being late...I can't get the code. LOL! I guess that's okay though...I'm still trying to decide which memory to post about.

Did I tell you about the time I got in trouble for doing something my mom would have wanted to do herself?

This is another memory from when I was a kid. I think I was 8. One day we were driving to Shreveport and my Mom says "Why don't we go to the airport and watch the planes?" So we get to the airport and are watching planes for a while and then someone that my Mom knows gets off the plane near us.
Turns out this person is my Mom's sister and her two boys. But I hadn't seen them in so long that I had no clue. And did you notice how Mom didn't bother to tell us anything about them coming or that's the real reason we were going to the airport?

Anyway, so we get all the way back to our house which was at least a hour away. And we are all in the back yard playing. By this time I realized (again) that my cousin Len is a real prat! (I'm reading Harry Potter again and this word seems to fit Len really really well.) Len had been getting on my last nerve since we got into the car. So I got a bucket and started filling it with dirt...nice Louisianna red clay dirt! Then I climb up "my" tree with the bucket of dirt and I wait. I didn't have to wait too long. :D And Len is under the tree playing with one of my brothers' cars. 3-2-1! I dump the bucket of dirt onto Len's head! Wow what a site!

Unfortunately, Mom and Aunt were sitting in lawn chairs right there. And Mom immediately sends me to my room. Whew! I'm away from prat!

It's the middle of summer so all the windows are open in hopes of getting a breeze. I'm in my room playing with my toys. All 5 boys (my 3 brothers & 2 cousins) are outside with my Mom & Aunt. At one point Len comes up to my window and hollers in for my attention. I come over and he says that I should just go say I'm sorry to my Mom and maybe she'll let me come back outside, it works for him all the time.

I must have been getting bored by then so I tried it. HA! What a joke. My Mom was even madder at me for trying it than she was for me dumping the dirt.

Years later, I of course learned that Mom was secretly very happy that I dumped the dirt but had to put on a good show for her sister. And that I had tried something that her sister would have caved in on was just not going to happen because she had to prove that she was stronger than that.

My cousin is still a prat who is most favored by his mother. Len still keeps messing up his life and his mommy bails him out.

Other Memories:
Norma*~ Jen*~ Veronika

4 comments:

  1. That's a great story. Does he read your blog? But that so often happens--she wasn't doing him any favors even though she did it out of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! At least you got to be away from him for a while, huh?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how many things are different than you thought when you grow up and your parents spill the beans on it all?

    I'll go link you up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you are a hot ticket!

    At least it was worth it to get away from the prat!!

    LadyBug

    ReplyDelete