Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday Memories: My mother's day



Monday Memories: Did I ever tell you about How my Mother's Day went?


Okay, okay. I know this isn't some old memory...but hey, its Monday and I'm tired and I've got a sore throat and whine whine whine...

So yesterday I get up and shower for Church at 7:30am. Then I come down to the 'puter to check out what all happened while I was up at Estes Park. Soon I get the rest of the family up and ready for Church and we head outside to leave. But I noticed that my nextdoor neighbor was finally at home and I've been meaning to share some Iris with her (MIL's neighbor gave me 5 boxes full!). So we're talking and DH shows the neighbors the car where we hit the deer.

We get to Church a little late and I run Darly down to Sunday School...there is no Sunday School. So we head back upstairs. I missed the honoring of mothers...oh well. But they did honor Sunday School teachers, so I got to stand up for that. It was a very nice service.

We get home and Darly and DH are going to make me lunch. DH is trying to find out what I would like for lunch, Darly really really wants to make me waffles. So I agree to that. They make the waffles and I get a little more time on the 'puter.

As we are eating the waffles, I get to open my Mother's Day cards and find out why Darly really wanted waffles...she had written in my card that she hoped I enjoyed my waffles. Poor kid, what if DH had talked me into what I really wanted...a turkey sandwich?

So then DH & Darly emptied the dishwasher and cleared away the dishes and we did some yardwork. I pulled some weeds in my garden and took the rest of the leaves off of my strawberry plants (they will winter well if you cover them with staw or leaves...I think I prefer straw, its easier to remove.)

Finally we head over to MIL's house. DH mowed her lawn and applied this sulfer stuff that is supposed to help with the dead spots in her yard and the neighbor's. (MIL's neighbor is a little looney...she's the one who pulled out a 5 boxes of iris to plant something new in her garden. But neighbor buys this very expensive sulfer stuff and offers to MIL that she can have some too if DH will apply it to the yard...she even has the sprayer. We didn't bother to tell neighbor that you are supposed to apply this product from Sept to May every month.) Who knows? Maybe it will work anyway. The stuff is supposed to be highly caustic so DH had a change of clothes wore gloves and a mask.

He changed and cleaned up, storing his clothes in a plastic bag for the trip home. We had a lovely dinner that Darly helped prepare and we talked about my neice's (Darly's godparent's) engagement.

And that's about it. Pretty quiet but a nice day. But now I've got a sore throat...yuck.

OOPS! I almost forgot the loot. Darly made me a ceramic bunny when she was at Estes Park. And DH got me a bunny votive holder. both very nice. =:3

Links to other Monday Memories







Click here for the Monday Memories code
Click here for Shelli's blog


Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!




6 comments:

  1. Well, never the less, it is a memory of an ordinary pleasant day, so it still counts :-)

    I loved yardwork earlier, until my back put an end to it.

    Thanks for stopping by :-)

    /lifecruiser.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely way to spend your weekend!!

    My MM is up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, waffles! Happy Mothers Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day.
    LBC

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very sweet memory to tuck away and pull out when Darly's a mommy.

    Thanks for visiting my MM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cute about Darly really wanting to make you pancakes. So sweet and thougtful.

    ReplyDelete