Saturday, September 03, 2005

the last two days...

Sep. 3, 2005 - Fly on the wall...
I got tagged today for the Fly on the Wall tag...so here it is...

My last post should give you a hint as to what went on today...

Dh got up "early" and went to our Church to clean up. It has been bugging him that the rain water has been pushing the mulch out of the beds and into the parking lot.

I got up a while later and was brewing my coffee and reading some papers...the phone rings. It's DH's boss. Dh needs to call him back ASAP and I'm looking at DH's cell phone.

So I take down the number, grab the cell, wake up DD and we drive over to Church. Let DH know and wait for "further instructions." DH gets off the cell phone and says that he has to go to help with the hurricane relief effort. He says that they can be ready to go today, but he doesn't think it will happen until Monday or Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday). The last time DH didn't think that he would leave until a few days later they sent him that night.

DH goes into work and we begin our day. About an hour and a half later DH calls...he is leaving today and he gives me a list of things to do while he is driving back to our house to get his bags packed.

When DH gets home, I've got out his bag and a bunch of things that I think he should take with him. DH takes some but others doesn't have room for or doesn't think he'll need...which reminds me of some putting things back that I've still got to do. He packs, gets a shower and wolfs down his lunch. Then we drive him back to the base.

While going threw the checkpoint they ask if he has a radar device in the car...nope just cell phones. Okay and we're off.

We arrive at the hangar and a News Truck is outside. DH didn't want any news of this. Inside no sign of the news...yay. DH gets a brief, I get a family support brief and some General tries to make small talk with Darly who isn't having any of that!

DH is about to get another brief and I suggest that we leave. He agrees, we say good-bye and leave.

Darly suggests that we head to Big Lots & the Dollar Store on our way home...so we do and we picked up a bunch of stuff including some nice fleece blankets that I'm going to use for fabric since you can't buy fleece for that price.

We get home and I tell my neighbors about DH. They of course are wonderful but talk my ears off for about an hour.

Darly & I have just been "chillin" ever since. We should start thinking of dinner soon.

Sep. 2, 2005 - I probably shouldn't post this...but...
I'm going to anyway...

After telling someone today that it wasn't very likely that my DH would go down to the gulf coast to help out...he comes home and tells me that it is very likely that he will go. LOL

I think that I have mixed feelings about him going. I mean part of me wants to be selfish and have him here with us...but a bigger part wants for us to do more than to just donate money or supplies...donate my DH for a while. I suppose there couldn't be much more of a sacrifice, huh?

Considering some of the places that his job has wanted to send him, this sure seems much better and it's temporary. I hope we find out soon for sure...I think the waiting to find out is the worst...but that comes with the job...hurry up and wait. blech!

1 comment:

  1. Just curious--what does your DH do? Any idea when he'll be back?

    ReplyDelete