Friday, September 16, 2005

Wow! How time flies!

first: Yes, Julie that was a DSN call.

Okay the zoo was totally great. It was fun hanging out with my bro, SIL & god child. Boy he is growing up so fast! He's walking now and that's about all he wants to do.

We took our waggon with us in case anyone (kid sized) got tired of walking. I warned Darly that DN might want to pull the waggon himself and she said that was okay with her as long as he didn't get hurt. But wouldn't you know it, Bro asks if he can have a ride in the waggon too. I told him that we had already informed SIL that he could not. DN spent a lot of time in the waggon and Darly rode some too, sometimes with DN. They were very cute together. DN hates to have his hand held, so we don't have any "buddy-buddy" shots of the cousins. But we do have them both riding in the waggon.

DN was about ready for his nap so they took off at about 12:30. Darly & I stayed for a little bit after that. We decided to see the animal show and they asked Darly if she wanted to be in the show. She was so excited. We've seen the show before and wanted to help with the trained dog, but instead they had her try to break open a Brazil Nut with her bare hands in a contest versus a Macaw. Well you know who won that! Poor Darly was pretty dissapointed. But I got her picture on stage and they gave her a button.

Sunday was Ralley Day at Church. It was actually pretty boring. They really need to do something better for it next year. All we were supposed to do was register (which most of us have already done), see our class rooms and meet our teachers (most of them were not there!) I scoped out the costume closet for my Drama class that I'll be teaching... not sure what kind of costume to put on God. Hummm. DH called again that night (totally unexpected as once a week is usually too often for him. He said that he still doesn't have email...bummer!) Oh and I signed up for our Coop classes at midnight...I guess that would technically be Monday morning. huh? ;o)

Monday I had to get up early to help out at Church answering phones. (a group of us take turns to do this) When we got there we noticed a burning smell. Pastor D explained that the kids had burnt popcorn the day before downstairs and the smell was just still lingering. But as the day went on the smell got worse...then Pastor D realized that he had put an egg on the stove to boil for his lunch and forgotten it. The pot had run dry and the egg was making all the smell...blech! He opened up the back door to get the smell out. I worked on creating a spreadsheet for all of the folks who signed up for the Music ministry. But it was a pain because whomever designed the sign up sheet didn't put in enough room for the addresses so lots of folks just skipped filling it out and I had to look them up in the directories.

Tuesday I had to clean the house because my friends were coming over for a meeting. It was totally worth cleaning the house and fun to have them over. It's too bad that I live way out in the boonies from them. I would like to have people over more often.
Wednesday was Park Day and Darly had fun playing with a new friend. I had to keep reminding her to stay in my sightline. At one point she really freaked me out by "hiding"/playing under a bush on the other side of the park from us. It made a cool fort for them, but it's proxmity to the street just made me too nervous. Later that day we began painting my bedroom. It was looking totally cool.

Thursday we worked more on my bedroom and didn't go anywhere. Believe it or not I still didn't get it finished. I was so bummed.
I finally finished my bedroom this morning and moved all the furniture back into place. It looks so cool. Now I can dig out my pictures and hang them up on the walls. They've been in boxes since we moved in here because I refused to hang them until the walls were painted.
Where's my hammer? ;o)

I wanted to paint my master bathroom too, but I was checking out all the stuff that I have to tape around and am seriously wondering if it's even worth it. But the walls need a paint job, so I guess I should do it. We're scheduled to be very busy until the 26th and I want to get the family room painted too...so we'll see. If DH's away job gets extended I'll probably get the bathroom done too.

No comments:

Post a Comment