Friday, September 23, 2005

Still more craziness!

I think that things will slow down next week, at least I hope so.

I heard from DH on Monday night. He is doing fine, but very busy. They had them out on Saturday handing out supplies of Ice, Water & MREs (that's Meals Ready to Eat or military food) to people. He said it was really hot that day so the guys were "fighting" to be in the truck to move the ice. There were a lot of people. He also said that he got interviewed for a Alaskan News program...LOL, I don't think I'll catch that one. :D

Here's what we did on Monday... I started off the day with a La Leche League meeting. I had 3 people that I wasn't expecting show up and one of their kids caused all kinds of chaios. Let's just say there was stripping, lots of trips to the bathroom & a vacuume cleaner involved. This person says that she'll try to get a sitter next time. I sure hope so!

Mid day I had an appointment to go to. So Darly stayed with a friend. She had a good time, they played Monopoly, a version different than hers (the Monopoly Jr Princess edd) so now she wants that version too. *insert rolling eyes smiliey here*

Then Darly had her gymnastics class. Our gymnastics gym has a very small parking lot with very lousy access. Last winter I found out the HARD way that the 4x4 on my car had gone out trying to get into this parking lot. So I tried to park in the lot of the building next door. It was after 5pm and all the businesses are closed. I was also parking behind the building. I came back to a note on my car that it was PRIVATE PARKING. I guess they're pretty ticked that 3 businesses are trying to share the building with the Gymnastics and there isn't enough parking... someone has installed No Parking signs along the road, but they've all been covered with plastic...probably at the pleading of the gym owner. Oye! It's a good thing that I like this gym. Oh shoot I just remembered that I forgot to pay her tuition. shoot! Maybe if I run it over tomorrow?

So then Tuesday we had a field trip to Anderson's Farm. The kids had a blast. We had the whole place to ourselves because they aren't really open for the season yet (they do a HUGE Pumpkin Festival each year) so the kids had the run of the place. This year they planted at least 10 different kinds of pumpkin & goard seeds in the same field. Some of the plants cross pollenated so there were some wierd looking pumpkins out there. The kids got to see all the baby animals and feed the goats. And they got to run on top of the haybale maze. We have sugar pumpkins in our garden, so Darly picked a "white" pumpkin. I'm glad we went.

And for the past 3 days we have been camping with Darly's Girl Scout troop. Our troop is very different than your typical troop. Families are all invited to be a part of everything that we do. So Moms/Dads & siblings were along for the campout. I'm glad that we had a dad with us too because in the campsite near us was this man who gave us a wierd feeling. I also had our dog with us because there was no one to watch her at home. The dog was great at learning who was okay and who she needed to growl at and she was also great at cleaning up the ground after meals. :D The first night was very cold and raining. Darly slept right threw it, but the dog was nervous. The second night was still very cold but no rain. I think that I slept better. I'll probably do much better tonight... Darly is already sacked out on the couch.

While we were gone, MIL called from the airport to see if we had heard from her son. I'm pretty sure that he's calling her just as much as he does us. He's a really good son.

The weekend looks like it will still be busy, but Monday should calm down. Maybe I can get some more painting done next week. I would really like to get all the painting done before DH gets back on the 5th... but he could be extended (which would be bad) I would rather not be finished and have him back.

TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, the farm sounds like fun--my kids would've loved that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to post about the very friendly farm kitty. He was just rubbing and purring all over the place. Darly wanted to take him home with us...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing, how do you get so much done?

    ReplyDelete