Friday, September 09, 2005

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

We've been too busy.

Yesterday, after spending all day helping with the bake sale, we ran home to shower, eat & get ready for TNO. Oh I also found out that UPS had brought me 7, 45lb boxes of books for LLL and left them on my front porch! I drug them all inside my foyer. lovely bruises

TNO is the monthly Teacher's Night Out that my homeschooling support group does. I asked a friend's teenager to watch Darly so that I could go and she agreed. I took Darly to her house because it was right near TNO and it didn't make any sense to get K bring her here, go to TNO, drive back here and then drive K all the way back home right next to TNO. It was probably the easiest money she's ever made as Darly played with her younger sister the whole time. But soooo worth it! I really needed a time out.

TNO was great, a little chilly but fun. I drank a medium sized coffee...bad idea, but it tasted good. We all were tired (from the bake sale) and left right at 10pm. I went to pick up Darly, she had a great time.
Since I was so buzzed from the coffee, I was up pretty late.

Then this morning we had to get up early to go to our field trip. I called the guy this morning to confirm, it took a while before it clicked who I was. But we were all set.

Then I tried yet again to get my paperwork straight with Paypal. I tried to fax the documents to them, but their line was busy. Then I tried again and again. I left the documents open on my computer and left for my field trip.

The field trip was nice and it was fun to ride on the Trolley. But I think the best part for everyone was that the seats flip over so you sit forward even when the Trolley goes the other direction. Darly sat near the engine, so she didn't hear much...but she didn't miss much as the guy wasn't all that informative... "over to your left is Invesco Field... and on the right is the Denver Skyline......but over there you can see it better." he says the last part after I had already snapped my picture! Oh well, the kids had fun.

So on our way home I stopped by my Church to see if I could borrow their dolley to move those boxes mentioned before. Almost everyone had gone to a meeting, so all I could do was ask the Music Director. I told her that she was in charge of everything and what I wanted and I could have it back in an hour. She laughed and said that she really didn't care if I used. So I said that I would even put more air in the tires as someone mentioned that they were low. She laughed even more and said that I could use it for two hours. Got home, moved boxes with ease and returned the dolley.

Before I returned the dolley, I tried yet again to fax my paperwork to Paypal. It went through...but then I noticed that it had also gone through 3 times while we were gone! Oops! I forgot that it tries 3 times to send a fax and I had tried myself 3 times so it kept on trying for 9 times. I bet they're happy with me!

We stayed at Church and helped get ready for Rally Sunday & a fundraiser for a family who's father is now in hospice...3 kids around Darly's age.

We then got ice cream! And then went to the grocery store.

After all of that Darly & I both conked out on the couch! Dinner was noodle soup for me & yogurt for her...too tired to eat.

Tomorrow is the zoo with my brother's family. Wish me luck! :D

1 comment:

  1. Wow--sounds like you're keeping busy too! I'm tired just reading that...

    ReplyDelete