Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Still no word from DH yet...

We haven't heard from DH since Sunday morning. I'm guessing that he still hasn't been able to charge his cell phone.

Darly & I have been pretty busy since Tuesday. Monday we did mostly stuff around the house.

Tuesday we went to Church to put together the newsletters. I got to talk to our Pastor and let him know. The Pastor also asked that I contact the new Sunday School Superintendent and help her take over the job. I sent her a long email and told her I would be happy to show her around. Afterward we went shopping for paint, a new plug for Darly's tub and a tent.
I changed out the plug in her tub. It was actually very easy. The guy at the hardware store said that it would be. "I'm a plumber and didn't know it!" ;o)

Wednesday (today) was Park Day. I got caught up on my email and then woke Darly up. I sent a fax and then we went to my garden to pick what we could to share with my friends. At the park I got to visit with my friends and Darly played with her friends. My friends enjoyed the cherry tomatoes that I brought...next time I'll just put out a box for them to have for a snack! I can't eat them like candy like that...gotta have a fork to poke the juice out first.
After the park we went to the mall for lunch and I bought two sweaters. Then we came home to bake for our bake sale tomorrow. We're going to have a bake sale/lemonade stand to raise money for the hurricane vicitims. The kids are excited. The stuff we baked looks great and peliminary testing concludes that it's yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you hear from your dh soon. I know that can be so hard to cope with--having been around the military my entire life I've been both the one left behind and the one who's gone. I honestly think being the one behind is harder to deal with. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

    PS--I finally got you blogrolled :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH's Mother called today to see if he has checked in yet. We weren't home.
    I hate to call her back and tell her that he didn't because she'll worry.
    But I know that either he hasn't been able to charge up his cell phone because there is no power or that there isn't really anything to report, so he isn't calling...he does that. I know that she raised him but she doesn't even get him sometimes!

    ReplyDelete