Monday, March 27, 2006

I HATE this time of year! WARNING very RANTY!!!

I figured I should update you all on what's going on in my life because I've been blowing you off for so long. Okay, here's the deal...

Today is March 27th...

April 1st is fiscal year end for LLL in my Area. I'm the Financial Coordinator, so that means I have to start bugging/nagging/begging women for over 40 groups to send in their financial paperwork (our version of what money they got and what money they spent.) In previous years it has been allowed to have until June 1st to turn in the paperwork...but it has ALWAYS drove me absolutely buggy to allow them to wait that long...AND they would usually forget about it and give me some lame excuse for not getting it done by June. (Oh, I thought it was due July 1st and my family is more important that LLL and we're taking our vacation...blah, blah, blah!) What the hey? You've had all of April & May to get this done! So no more! This year I'm laying down the law and they have 2 weeks to get it done. If they have been using the handy dandy spreadsheet that I wrote and sent out to them, all they should have to do is email me a copy of it. If not they should have been keeping track of everything on ledger paper (like our Leader Handbooks tells them to) and they can just transfer the numbers to the form and send that in!

April 1st is also when we collect dues for the Leaders. This money goes to pay for all the stuff we mail out to them. USUALLY, the Leaders use this opportunity to decide to retire instead of paying dues. AND they would wait until June to tell me that as well. The problem with that is that 1/2 of the dues goes to our division and is based on the number we report to them April 1st. If a Leader decides to retire and lets us know in June...we've already forked out the money to the division for her and we have to eat it. Well, no more on that too. April 15th is the due date for that as well. We may still have to eat it if they choose to retire, but we'll know sooner. I need to add to the one note that they should let me know by April 1st if they are retiring this year so we don't have to eat it. Yeah, you guys give me such good ideas! :D

So I've been getting all the paperwork ready to send out to the Leaders and let them know about our change in plans. I've also been setting up a dreaded PayPal account so we can accept credit card payments. I hate PayPal because they're a bunch of lying dogs. They promised me back in June that they could take our Federal tax ID number any time and here in March they still don't accept it and want MY social security number on the account. BALONY! So now I get to wait until we accumulate $500 in our account to get the money, but I don't care. I'm not putting my SSN on the account because it is NOT my money.

Then on a personal note:
April 15th is Darly's birthday. She wants a slumber party and a family party.
April 16th is Easter. Darly is still doing the Easter Bunny thing.

I've talked Darly into holding her slumber party on the weekend after Easter as most of her friends might be busy celebrating Easter on her birthday and not be able to come to a party. whew and ack as I've only put off her birthday for a week.

DH & I are still in negotiations on what Darly can have for her Birthday present.

And to top it all off, while I was working on getting all the LLL paperwork ready to send out, my dog decides to vomit at my feet!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Babe....any legs you want me to break for you! Seriously, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. My monday memory is up and it should give you a chuckle. Hang in there girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I hope things calm down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, ditto Jen and ewwww to the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been very early with due dates. I feel it is better to get them out of the way. Hope you decide on a fun gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. Poor thing. Why is it that people think they can get away with "Oh, I forgot" and not give any thought to others besides themselves.

    Sorry April's so yucky for you!

    And sorry about the dog mess! Just be thankful you're not a dog and feel the need to lick up the yuck!

    ReplyDelete