Friday, March 03, 2006

Yesterday must have caught up with me...

well I posted how busy yesterday was...today wasn't all that busy...but I flubbed it up anyway!

I had to go to Church to borrow a table for the cookie booth tomorrow; go deposit some LLL checks in the bank; return some DVDs to the Library and get gas in the car...all before our Girl Scout meeting.

I figured that if we left the house by 1pm we could do all of that with some time to spare and kill it at the Library.

So I start by getting the dog to go into her bedroom and then start loading some things into the car. Darly (trying to be helpful) starts bringing some things I had ready for tomorrow, so I had her take those back into the house.

I get my stuff in the car along with the kid and off we go....

We get to the Church and get the table, no problem!

But as we are heading to the bank (about 1/2 a block from the bank) I realize that I had forgotten to endorse the checks...there were 10 of them!

So I decide that we'll go to the Library. We get there and I ask Darly where the DVDs are...at home! She thought I had them, I thought she had them...ARGH!

So I head for home, we still have time.

I run inside and grab the DVDs and endorse the checks. I also decided to put the borrowed table in the house so it's not banging around my car.

We drive back to the bank and it's busy, but for some odd reason no one is in lane 5. All the other lanes are packed...I drive right up and send my deposit...no problem.

We drive back to the Library and 2 women are blocking (not parked in, stopped across the end of the space) the parking spaces for the book drop with their humoungous SUVs while their kids drop off books. I'm behind a small car that also needs to get to the book drop off. SUV #1 leaves, but SUV #2 drives around the parking lot, giving me & small car time to zip into the parking spots.

I decide that Darly can run the books up to the book drop and then I notice that SUV #2 has circled around behind me and is sending her kid to the book drop too.

Darly returns and we are ready to go, but SUV#2 is blocking me in with a car behind her as well. She goes for another trip around the parking lot. We're outta there!

We get our gas and get to the GS meeting with time to spare.

Calgon take me away!

3 comments:

  1. I hate when life is like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it sounds like you need calgon! Glad you got everything done.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Calgon take me away!" -- I love that and I say that all the time!! :)

    In fact today would be a good day for that!! Maybe I'll have a bubble bath party later.

    ReplyDelete