Monday, March 06, 2006

Weekend recap...

Friday night we went out to dinner at Blackeye Pea. It was a nice meal and I got my favorite...yummy. Dinner out was Darly's idea but I dont think that she factored in that going out would cut into her play time with DH and he was leaving the next day...but oh well.

Saturday morning DH was getting all his gear together to leave town. Darly & I were getting all our gear together for a cookie booth sale. We were supposed to all leave the house at the same time...but DH decided at the last minute to sweep the garage (i don't know why).

So Darly & I get to our cookie booth and set up. Lemme just say that I think cookie booths are a total waste of time!!! We sat out there in the sun, wind and eventually chill for 3 hours to sell about 50 boxes of cookies... we could have done better going door to door with a waggon and not have been as miserable. We were supposed to have another scout with us, but she never showed up (it was the same at our troop's other booth.) So we couldn't take any potty breaks.
And then some jerk started going off on the war when we asked if he wanted to buy cookies for the soldiers. I was so speachless that he would do such a rant in front of a child that I forgot to say "Her daddy is a soldier." Bummer. Then this same jerk leaves his shopping cart in a handycapped parking space.

After the sale we met up with our troop leader to balance out our account, which took time but we managed it without calculators. LOL

Darly & I were thinking Arby's for dinner, which felt good after our day. I even went all calories and got the potato cakes!!

DH called us from our airport at almost 6pm...he was still waiting to board. He started giving me all this emergency contact info. I wonder why he didn't think of that sometime in the 4 months he's known about this trip? Oh well.

He then emailed me from LAX at almost midnight with more emergency contact numbers. Gosh you would think that all heck is gonna break loose while he's gone. hummm

Sunday we went to Church. Our Pastor's father was in the hospital this week for major heart surgery and when he came out he said that he could feel our prayers. I hope that our other Pastor who is dealing with cancer can feel our prayers too.
I asked one of the familes if her dd's babysat and they do...but then it occured to me that they won't be able to babysit durring the week for me as they go to public schools...unless they are off track. Bummer. Oh well maybe when DH comes back we can use them for a weekend date night.

After Church we had our car washed (it's 1/2 price on Sundays) and they have a bunch of vacuumes to self clean out the inside. So first I have to remove my magnetic bumper stickers...or they'll get ripped off in the wash. And Darly says that she doesn't want the car vacuumed...I do and I'm doing it.

Then we went to lunch at Boston Pizza...we wait & wait & wait. Finally this guy comes over after I stare at him and I ask "Do we Have a server?" He appologizes and says that they didn't tell him that he had a table. I don't know how that works...every place that I waited tables, you knew which tables where you and if someone was at your table, you waited it. But anywhoo he did an outstanding job after that so I tipped him nicely. Lunch was yummy.

As we went back to our car, I noticed that my front license plate was not on straight anymore. I checked it and it's only held on with a plastic post that got warped in the car wash. I tried to fix it the best I could.

At home I did a little work in the garden and trimmed back a tree that I hate. I'm hoping that I trimmed it too much and it will die, but since it's a weed it will probably love the trimming and grow better. I should get some of that root stop stuff and put it throughout the tree. This tree is covered in thorns and one went through my shoes...owch!

This am i have to call up a field trip that I forgot to confirm to see if we are still able to go...yay we can. Whew, dogged that. The kids will have a good time...it's the Fire Department.

I'll also need to set up 3 more field trips this week. Oh shoot, I need to contact SIL about DN's bday party. gotta run

9 comments:

  1. So what's your favorite? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a jerk! Someone actually went off on you guys about the war? Apparently he thinks the Girl Scouts have a lot more pull than they do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bone: Favorite what? If you mean GS cookies, my favorite is Samoas. It always has been since they first came out when I was a Girl Scout. Second fav is Thin Mints.

    Jen: Yeah he was a Jerk. I don't think he was thinking because he walked up and said he didn't need any more cookies then his war rant and then walked into the store... then he came out with nothing but was talking on his cell and went back to his car. I told Chrissy that he must have left his wallet along with his brain in there. Then he went back into the store and came out again...maybe his cell doesn't work in the store? The third time was the charm because he actually had grocerys that time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm out of energy just readng this! You do a lot! The Fire Dept trip sounds great.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you take too many vitamins this weekend 'cos you have lots of energy!! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu are so incredible busy.

    I think it is cool that I am sitting here at work eating GS "All Abouts" while reading about your sales adventure.

    Instead of traditional smores use a toasted marshmallow between two thin mints.. That is heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:04 PM

    we don't have those flavours of cookies here, ours are boring, but it is that time of year here too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. busy, busy, busy

    Thin mints are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter is working with Girl Guides in Canada. She is working with the daisies (wonder why?). They had a sleepover and made fairy wings, wands, and headbands...made me think of you!

    ReplyDelete