Monday, January 08, 2007

more shoveling...but no more snowfall

that sounds weird, huh?

Well today I was sitting down to my lunch and I started hearing large trucks outside. Large trucks that kept backing up... beep beep beep! I knew that could only mean one thing. I didn't even bother getting up to check until I was done eating and reading a book.

I looked out the window and sure enough, they had plowed the street again! Leaving more snow at the end of the driveway.

So I grabbed my shovel and headed back out there. I noticed that many of my neighbors were not at home. So I decided that once my drive was cleared I would do theirs too.

I was about 1/2 done with mine when my one neighbor (the one I wanted to get done the most because he's older and can't do it) came home. I told him that I wanted to do his next and he said it wasn't necessary.

When I was finished with mine, I went to do his and he came out and told me not to... see this guy has a real problem with women doing "men's" work. I guess because he's older or something...it must be a real kick to his ego to have a woman out there doing something for him that he can no longer do. Oh well. DH will probably sneak out there this evening and do it while he isn't looking. And the guy won't have a problem with that.

So after I was shooed off from there, I did my next-door neighbor's and the neighbor across the street. It didn't take long as most of the snow was still soft...thank goodness. Hard chunks of icy snow are heavy.

The plows were out to try to clear off as much as they can before the next snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment