Thursday, October 04, 2007

I was tagged by Island Girl to do this interview meme. It’s a little long so please bear with me . . or just skip to the end.
What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Well the bathroom with a tub is Darly’s so it has her Suave Kid’s shampoo and conditioner in there. And I just have her use shampoo to clean her body with…it’s all soap right? But in my shower there is my Infusium shampoo, Suave conditioner, Oil of Olay facial cleaner, and Oil of Olay knock-off store brand body wash. LOL!
Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? nope! But there are pumpkins on my kitchen floor and 14 dozen apples in my pantry that I need to sort out to give to my local friends.
What would you change about your living room? the walls! My living room is like a large hallway that goes from the front foyer to the dining room…blech! I wish it were bigger with some walls.

Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? They’re dirty. I’ll set the timer to wash them tonight. We can go two days between washings here since there’s only 3 of us. I was just talking with a friend yesterday about some stuff (not the dishwasher) but she had to keep reminding herself that we’re a family of 3 so things last longer for us.
What is in your fridge? leftover chicken, mashed potatoes & veggies, rolls, milk, juice, water that I need to toss out, bread, sandwich stuff, oh and a steak for dinner.
White or wheat bread? wheat. I used to get just white, but then I realized my family will eat wheat and it doesn’t make a difference to me. I also have some multi-grain bread in there that they eat. They are both picky so if I can get anything healthy in them, I go for it!
What is on top of your refrigerator? empty candy boxes, empty box for the barbeque tools, a vase, a large popcorn tin with a rabbit on it, supplies for a craft that we haven’t finished and some large candy bars…oh and about 4 inches of dust. (okay maybe not that much, but there is a lot of dust up there! I can’t reach it.)
What color or design is on your shower curtain? clear glass door! Darly’s bathroom has a quilted star pattern on it.
How many plants are in your home? um let’s see, there are two in the living room, the one in the dining room died, then 3 on the plant stand and one on the counter and then there is Hagrid (Darly’s homemade “chia-pet” take panty hose and fill with grass seed & sawdust. Tie off in a head shape and make a nose with a rubberband. Water and when the grass seed sprouts you can then give your “pet” a hair cut.) So that’s 7 total.
Is your bed made right now? I don’t remember. It could be, but I may have just hopped out quickly too.
Comet or Soft Scrub? soft scrub downstairs mostly and comet upstairs (well actually the comet is the store brand version.)
Is your closet organized? define organized! Those piles of clothes sitting on the floor are organized by my system. But if you really think I should buy a shelf to sit them on I can.
Can you describe your flashlight? well I last saw it in my camping gear. I think it ran off with my lantern. It is yellow with a black gasket that holds the lens in. It’s one of those big square battery flashlights.
Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? glass.
Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? nope! I probably should have tea instead of Pepsi, but I don’t.
If you have a garage, is it cluttered? our garage is a two car with another single garage attached. So it has a big door and a single door as well. The portion of the garage that is the two car is where DH & I park our cars and that part IS organized because we need to get our cars in there…so any other things stored in that side are neatly packed around the sides of the garage. The single car garage however is where we store all of our stuff and that’s a HUGE mess! We need to go reorganize it so we can get the patio stuff in there for the winter.
Curtains or blinds? actually both! I like the outside to look uniform (so all the windows look the same) so I have the blinds…but then on the inside I want the rooms to reflect the décor, so I have curtains for the room. HOWEVER I haven’t finished decorating every room so not all of them have curtains yet…yeah, yeah, I know I’ve been here almost 6 years, I need to get off my duff and finish already.
How many pillows do you sleep with? just one, but there’s another one on the bed above my head.
Do you sleep with any lights on at night? yes and no. We have a nitelite in the hallway to find our way up the stairs and the light does creap into my room…but it’s not on for me. However when the bulb goes out it does seem weird.
How often do you vacuum? vacuume?
Standard toothbrush or electric? standard
What color is your toothbrush? not sure. It’s usually dark when I use it and I’m not all that awake.
Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? there’s a mat, but it doesn’t say anything.
What is in your oven right now? pizza stone that needs to be cleaned…really bad!
Is there anything under your bed? the bags that the blankets on my bed were stored in.
Chore you hate doing the most? cleaning
What retro items are in your home? hate retro. You want retro…go visit my grandmother’s house. Blech!
Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? yup!
How many mirrors are in your home? 4 on the walls. Who knows how many that aren’t on the walls.
Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? we have hidden money but it’s not for emergencies. It’s just that our paychecks are direct deposited so we have to go to the bank to have cash for our wallets. So we usually take out a large amount and store the rest in the house. If ya wanna come and steal the money it would be a waste of time though cuz it is only about 20 bucks or so.
What color are your walls? depends on the room. Living room dark denim with light denim blue ragged over it. Dining room is light denim with dark denim trim. Kitchen is Tea Rose cream. Family room is still white, but one day it will be sponge painted in two brown/tan shades. Foyer is and will be white. My bedroom is sponge painted in beige/tan shades. Darly’s room is pink with light pink ragged over it and the other 3 rooms are white. I don’t think we’ll ever paint the office as it has too much heavy furniture in there.
Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? vicious attack rabbits!!!
What does your home smell like right now? house…hopefully not bad house.
Favorite candle scent? vanilla (although I have one Snickerdoodle flavored one that is yummy!)
What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? I have dill spears, and baby dills along with some dill relish.
What color is your favorite Bible? My bible is burgundy. Darly’s is blue. DH’s is black. And we have a few more around here too.
Ever been on your roof? lots of times! Every year I go up there to hang my Christmas lights.
Do you own a stereo? a few
How many TVs do you have? two…no wait, 3. We don’t use the black & white because here in the foothills you need cable to get reception and the black & white is a portable tv.
How many house phones? 4
Do you have a housekeeper? nope. While I don’t wanna clean this mess, I don’t want anyone else in here messing with my stuff either.
What style do you decorate in? EXPLODED TOY BOX!
Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? we have a mix, but most is prints.
Is there a smoke detector in your home? YA HUH! I think there are like 10 of them in this place…and the stupid batteries keep going out in the middle of the night!!!!
In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? my pets!

I wasn't going to tag anyone...but I have since changed my mind. Anyone who is LURKING here (came here just to look and not comment) then this tag is for YOU! I'll figure out from Heather how to find out who you are so I can make sure you did this. I know who some of you are already.

10 comments:

  1. well then, we better leave a comment.

    Mommy said to tell you that her 'puter wallpaper was from the Brooks and Dunn website, but now their website is all new and all of the old features and calendars aren't there anymore. Poo.

    Miles

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOL!!!! Darn I thought I was going to get tagged... MAYBE one of your lurkers will tag me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny how we put things on top of the fridge and then forget about it. LOL!

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a lot of information.

    No walls in your living room? Seems odd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a really long survey! Wow... not sure I'd have had the patience to do that one :)

    4 house phones??? Wow. I don't have one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your answer to the question "Is your closet organized?". Clearly we both use the same sort of system to organize our clothes. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your answer to the question "Is your closet organized?". Clearly we both use the same sort of system to organize our clothes. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't fink this am a kitty meme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geez, I'm gonna start taking these "long" warnings a bit more seriously :)

    I remember using Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo when I was little, and it would always get in my eyes. No tears, my tail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!! Okay, I like your blog & its a different kinda meme. I guess I am now a tagged lurker :)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete