Friday, March 16, 2007

Eye Eye part 2 - Questions answered.

Traveling Chica said...
I hate the Glaucoma test. :( And it hates me! I've worn glasses since I was eight, contacts since I was 12, and I'm still horrible at it. hoping that she doesn't have to do it too often. On my side of the family the prescription doesn't change very quickly...Nana wore the same prescription from her teens until she was 40. But DH's family has the weaker eyes.
7:03 PM
Kukka-Maria said...
Ok...now we need a pic of the super-model in her new specs! We're still waiting to get the glasses. Wallyworld sends them out to a lab. Pictures coming... I promise.
7:36 PM
Sean said...
she dealing with glasses okay? i know i hated it, felt like the dealth knell to my social life in jr. high, but wasn't as bad as i thought... She had a hard time with the idea at first. She thought that people wouldn't recognize her. But since her script is just for her distance, she doesn't have to wear them full time. We'll have to get her a nice purse to carry them in
11:13 PM
Kailani said...
I'm very near-sighted. In fact, without my contacts I think I may be legally blind. :-)I hope Darly adjusts well to her glasses. I would think it's a tough thing to deal with. I know I wouldn't have liked it when I was younger. I've told her that she can get contacts and even lasics when she is older, but she's picked out a really cute pair of frames...she may just like wearing them
1:06 AM
mar said...
Let's see her new glasses! I have been far sighted all my life but waited until I needed reading glasses to get a pair...Now I got new reading glasses (getting stronger, lol) but the doctor got the left eye with the right eye mixed up for the far vision so I wasn't getting used to the new glasses...it was on my TT this week... as soon as we get them
2:38 AM
mar said...
got mixed-up myself: I am slightly nearsighted!
2:42 AM
Uisce said...
is that the puff of air thing? I hate going to the eye doctor. I remember my first pair of glasses -- 7th or 8th grade, that's how long ago, and GLASS they were -- very heavy. the next pair was plastic but the case they gave me actually scratched them. my parents never complained, but they didn't need that kind of hassle. it was like the puff of air thing, but this test they put a device on her eye. I don't know which is worse.
6:29 AM
Carmen said...
I'm an eye doctor's worst nightmare, too. My eyes are so sensitive, to light, to that test, etc.We want to see the new glasses. I bet she looks super cool and super smart in them. poor kiddo they put dye in her eyes too. But they didn't dialate her eyes...thank goodness.
7:10 AM
Lynn said...
My friends 9 year old daughter just got glasses (she's also near-sighted). The nine year old wasn't too sure if she liked them until I remarked that the glasses made her look older...suddenly she stood up taller and had a great big smile on her face...my guess is that Darly will look older too! She does look very cute in her new frames. I don't know if it makes her look older yet or not.

We also bought some finger nail stickers for her to decorate her glasses with. I've done this with my sunglasses and they stick very well and look really cute.

4 comments:

  1. Fingernail stickers...what a great idea. Is Darly excited about the glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'll be great. :)

    If she could survive the glaucoma test, the rest is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingernail stickers is a great idea! We sent out Blake's glasses for repair and it's been 2 weeks now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if you get just the right pair of glasses, it could actually make you look classy and sophisticated.

    An Island Life
    http://islandlife808.com

    ReplyDelete