Thursday, March 29, 2007

very busy...

Who tried to say it was "Spring Break" around here??? I didn't get any break.

Of course March/April is the busy time of year for everything that I'm involved with.

At Church I've been entering our Time and Talent sheets. I've mentioned this before. It's where they give us a list of all the jobs that need to be done around the Church and we put checks by the stuff we're willing to do. Well someone has to compile those sheets into a list that can actually be used...that someone is me. (yeah, two other ladies work on it too...but it's mostly me!) We finally got it all done today.

Then there's LLL end of fiscal year stuff. I finally got my invoices printed the other day and am now hoping that the Groups will say that I don't have to mail them out because they'll take an email copy...hoping to save the postage. So they sit in a mess on my desk. It's so nice to find out who all moved and didn't tell us or who wants to retire now instead of paying dues. But so far everyone who has answered my emails is all set to send in the paperwork. Yay. It's just those who haven't answered me that I worry about.

But I've been having fun with my homeschooling group stuff. I'm getting ready to start up another coop. And except for a bunch of deleted files...it's all been going fine. Luckily we managed to each save enough stuff that we weren't too messed up at all.

Now for the fun with my car. I had my car in the shop last month because DH finally got it away from me long enough to get the damage from him hitting the deer last mother's day fixed. While it was there they found out that the car needed new breaks and the funny sound we were hearing was that the 4x4 was not disengaging.(that must have been eating a lot of gas all summer long!!!) So they replaced the 4x4 and the breaks.
Well it finally gets warm enough to crack the windows while driving and I notice the car is making a weird ticking noise from the front tires. At first I wondered if it was even my car...but then I realized it had to be me. So we take the car in and tell them it's making a noise on Tuesday. They kept the car all day and couldn't hear the noise. So they come to get me to point out the noise. And I couldn't hear it! I was so shocked. but as I'm driving the guy back to the shop I finally hear the noise. We couldn't hear it because of all the wind. So he lets me take the car home as it was closing time at the shop. I take it back in Wednesday. It turns out the problem was that when they replaced my brake pads in Feb, they didn't put any hold down springs on the pads. So the pads were floating in the callipers. That was causing the ticking noise. My invoice reads that the previous pads didn't have any springs on them (can you say CYA?) I ask the guy if there was any damage and he says no...but I find that hard to believe. I'm gonna surf the net to see if I can prove him wrong...since I'm not willing to climb under my car to look for myself.

4 comments:

  1. Uff da! That car fiasco sounds iffy to me: hope you get it taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that next week is more uneventful for you. You must be very organized to be able to keep everything straight. What is a coop? and finally it would make me nervous to take my car to a repair place that "forgot" to replace the springs, or put pads in without a way for them to be held in place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whenever my car makes a noise, it NEVER makes it when i take it to the shop. why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like going to the dentist or doctor. I always suddenly feel completely fine when I'm in the waiting room.

    Oh, what is LLL? I was trying to decode it myself, but, I'll just keep my guesses to myself :)

    ReplyDelete