Friday, March 30, 2007

Let the WHINING begin!

I mailed out my LLL invoices today and sent an email letting them know that they're coming.

Now I'll be inudated with calls & emails asking "Do I have to pay this?"..."Didn't I just pay dues?," etc...

And I'll have to tell them yet again that like it CLEARLY says on the invoice this is different than the dues they just paid to LLLI. And yes they have to pay it.

I've written an article about this, I send out emails and I send out the bill. I don't really know what more I can do to make it clear to these people. *sigh*

Perhaps after all my blogging about this, A miracle will happen and NO ONE will complain and they'll all happily pay their invoice without question.

YEAH RIGHT! I'm not holding my breath either!

UPDATE #1: Got my first email today, but it wasn't so bad. It was just asking for her bill to be sent to her treasurer...the same treasurer who didn't respond to the 3 email requests to get the invoice sent directly to her and the same treasurer who didn't pay the hotel for our last conference on time so now they want a deposit from us to be there again...yeah that one.

9 comments:

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they do listen to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, in an interesting sort of way, how "stupid" people become when they don't want to do something. They somehow think/hope that if they ask enough questions, you will suddenly say "Guess what? Everyone else must pay this bill except you!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say bill those people extra, for the aggravation and extra work they cause you! Too bad you can't bill them for interest or late fees! I think that sometimes organizations are so afraid of losing members that they are reluctant to remind people of their "value", for fear these people will drop out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I remember why I never involved myself in collecting money from fellow employees for gifts, events etc. Suddenly everyone gets "brain freezes" when money is mentioned. What a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't you just kick them repeatedly or something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. goofy girl: so far so good on the listening. I got a call yesterday asking who to make it out to...I guess I should have put PAY TO: by the name and address on the invoice. :eyeroll:

    lynn: yup, that has to be it...bill paying stupidity... I would hate to be their electric company.

    lynn again: I do charge them late fees. I start off saying they can get a discount if they pay before the 15th and then if they pay after the 30th I charge a late fee...so if they pay after the 30th, they're paying $6 extra.

    joan: this is why I won't ever work in sales...I could never do this to earn my living.

    snay: WHO LET YOU BACK IN HERE? just kidding. That might work if they didn't live all over the state and gas wasn't so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Renee,

    My kitties are both okay; they don't eat wet food. Life has gotten very busy and my cat blogs have suffered!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, dang, I could be THAT kind of treasurer! She didn't pay the hotel? That's not good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leigh: Glad to hear the kitties are okay. And we love the new Rascal photo.

    Jen: She did pay the hotel eventually. But previous to this conference we were able to have credit with the hotel and pay for everything at the end. Since she along with the coordinator chose to pay so late, we were required to pay a deposit for the conference coming up in October...which I don't have to do. YIPPEE.

    ReplyDelete