Thursday, March 22, 2007

Not much to report...

We're still waiting for Darly's glasses to arrive...she thinks they'll be here today. We'll see.

She's still asleep and it's about 11am. She promised me that she would take her assessment test today. I hope that she doesn't plan to sleep through it. She'll be in for a sad suprise, cuz we can stay up until 3am taking this thing if necessary.

Tuesday we went ice skating. Wonderful rink and we had a good time. I had to holler at a few of the kids that came with us. Their mothers were not out on the ice and they were in the center of the rink chipping the ice with their skates! I guess their moms didn't make them read the RULES before they got on the ice. *sigh*

Yesterday I begain working on a time and talent assessment for our Church. The Church hands out a list of jobs, and the members mark which ones they are willing to do; then someone (me) gets to enter them into the computer. They had the first set of these last week when I was working, but they mentioned that some jobs were left off and they wanted to have everyone redo the lists. So we were asked last week to not enter the info until this week. But I guess they figured out that the members wouldn't do that for them...so instead they gave out the exact same list so more folks could fill them out. So the office manager & I are both annoyed as we could have started filling in this info last week and gotten a jump on this. Anyway...the council is now saying that they want the report back on this already. WHAT??? Luckily the office manager says that we can have all the time we need to get it into the system.

So yesterday we printed out the list of jobs the computer has entered. Of course it does not match the list that the members filled out. So I took the list home to try to match up the jobs. I emailed the list back to the office manager. I hope that I can get over to the Church today to work on it again. I would like to get this done asap.

I should wake Darly up to take her test if I ever want to get this done.

4 comments:

  1. I hope that she likes her glasses! And good luck to her on her test!

    The Church thing sounds frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even remember the last time I slept till 11am! I'm sure the glasses will look great on her! Don't forget to take pictures!

    An Island Life
    http://islandlife808.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still sleeping at 11am??? I hope that Darly is not coming down with something!
    As far as ice skating, isn't it amazing how parents can get so wrapped up in whatever they are doing that they "forget" to supervise their own children?
    Thank goodness that you work so well with the church office manager!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, to be a kid again and sleep in late. That's be nice. :)

    ReplyDelete