Saturday, July 14, 2007

Alone

As you all know, DH is out of town. He wasn't supposed to leave until today and this has been planned since January (I think). Anyway.

I had planned on going to a few things this week that required that someone watch Darly and since DH was supposed to be here that shouldn't have been a problem. But since he left town early it became a problem.

One of those things was Teacher's Night Out. This is just a social gathering of the teachers in our homeschooling group where we basically unload/debrief/talk about anything and everything and usually end up cracking our selves up terribly.

I didn't get to go to that Thursday.

The other thing was a Book Club on Friday night. I read the book twice and was rarring to go. But no DH, what to do?

I talked to Darly's friend's mom and she agreed to take Darly for a sleep-over. It acutally worked out great because E's mom needs me to take E for a sleep-over on Monday so she can go do something. Ha ha! So we're all set.

Friday afternoon was our Girl Scout meeting, so we agreed that Darly would just go home with them after the meeting. That ended at 4pm. The book club didn't start until 7pm. What to do?

Well it was just silly and wasteful to drive all the way back home...that would kill an hour all by itself. So I decided that I would just go to the mall...plenty to do there. And I had managed to crack my thumbnail while putting away groceries the other day so it seemed that a manicure was in order. Yes, that would be perfect.

So I get to the mall and try to decide where to get the manicure. I only know of one place in the mall that does them, but I wanted to see if there was perhaps someplace else in case they were booked. Well I couldn't tell from the mall directory if any other place actually did manicures. So I thought I would try to ask someone where the best place in the mall for a manicure was. Where to ask? Ah HA! Claire's Accessories! They would have to know...right? So I go there and it is PACKED! I don't know what was going on there but it was wall to wall people and it seemed that there was just the one person there working who was busy with an ear piercing at the time. I figured that she would be highly annoyed if I asked her, so I didn't bother.

I went to the pet store to try to wait out the people in the store. The pet store was full of cute bunnies and of course cute dogs. But one had diarreha right in front of me...YUCK! That place does not have healthy animals.

I go back to Claire's and they are still busy beyond belief, so I just decide to go to the one place that I know. I figure that they must have competitive prices if there is any other place to go. So I go in and yes their manicurist is available and they take me right in.

The lady was a character. She was saying funny things about herself and singing/humming songs and chatting away the entire time. She gave my hands/arms an awesome massage...cleared up my sore mouse-clicking finger right away (I'll have to get one of these more often!) and she did a great job on my nails. Oh and she glued my cracked thumbnail back together...no problem. "My Specialty!" she tells me. You would never know that it is broken. I was a happy girl and tipped her 20%.

The nail place is also where I get my hair done and as I'm going up to pay I bump into my stylist. She recognizes me (course we were just in there last week to get Darly's hair cut) and asks where Darly is. I tell her that Darly is on a sleepover so I'm out playing. A lady behind me says something like I deserve it (she doesn't know me from Adam, but anyway.)

So after the manicure...I of course have to visit the restroom and of course I still have damp nails. The only noticable damage is a tiny bit on my one thumb where the polish was pushed back a bit and you can see my nail. Luckily I picked a dark color so the other spots can't be seen.

Then off for dinner...that was uneventful... well except for the family that sat near me in the food court and the toddler with a full diaper. (why did I happen to look up then?)

I shopped around a bit after dinner. Our Discovery Store is going out of business so they have the stuff on sale...but even at 40 to 60% off the prices are high for me...I'm waiting for 70% as I don't really need this stuff anyway.

At J.C.Penney there's a cute t-shirt that I wanted, but it was only 30% off...I'll wait! I should check to see if Kohls carries the same shirt because they're always cheaper.

Then I go to where the book club is meeting and I grab a copy of the book off the shelf in case we need to look anything up.

I get myself some coffee & a cookie. I swear that "barrista" did not put the shot of vanilla syrup in my vanilla latte because I only tasted coffee. I'm grumpy! Course I didn't say anything.

The book club was great! We talked about the book for about an hour and then just chatted about stuff. IT was like being at TNO! YAY! I loved it. We even got booted out of the place at closing and chatted some more in the parking lot. Oh and we all agreed that we want to do this every month. Woo Hoo! More playtime for me.

So I come home and all that's here are me & the animals. Lilly notices that Darly isn't here. She's like "Hey! Where's Sissy?" But she doesn't give me much grief about it. The rabbits of course enjoy the quiet.

And now it's Saturday morning and oh wow! It's now 10 am and I can call about getting my kid...only I haven't showered yet. YIKES! I should do that.... Later!

UPDATE: Showered & called over to friend's house. They had just got up and were playing. Mom said that she didn't need to be anywhere and the girls were out of her hair so we would try again at 1pm to talk about breaking them up. She suggested that I go shopping. Instead, I'm looking at silly videos online...

6 comments:

  1. That's great you got some time to yourself :D I hope you have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of Darly's friend's Mother to help out. I'm sure Darly's having a great time, too! Enjoy the peace and quiet.

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! We have to do this again and again and again - I had a blast with book club.

    And your nails looked beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoyed your alone time. The manicurist was right... you DO deserve it. I'm jealous of your book club. I might just have to come visit!! too bad you live forever away from me :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love it when you have an occasional "me" day? Look at all the fun you had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the woman who didn't know you: you deserved to be out having some fun! :)

    ReplyDelete