Monday, July 16, 2007

Arrival of the Princess

I'm pet sitting a dog. Her name is Princess.

Her owner said she was housebroken... she isn't.

Her owner said she was crate trained... she isn't.

Her owner said that she was giving her frequent baths...I'll have to look up the breed before I believe that, cuz this dog is a mess.

Princess is not quite a year old, and she's already a mother. Poor thing. She is clearly still a puppy.

Princess got here and I made her go outside first. She played with our dog, Lilly. I can't remember if I saw her go potty outside or not. I just know that she decided to go on my floor rather quickly after I let her in the house. I picked her up and ran outside with her...she decided to continue urinating while I was running for the door.

Princess is a ball of energy that Lilly is tired of now. She's said many times to me that "Princess can go home now!" Yesterday Lilly was limping, but her paw seems fine now. Lilly has thrown up water this morning...I think she's a ball of nerves.

I can only blog now because everyone is napping. I hope they continue to nap later as I have to leave them this morning.

I think that I'm too old for puppies.

11 comments:

  1. Did Lilly ACTUALLY say that to you? My cat Minden talks, too.... ;)

    Maybe Princess is peeing in your house because she's marking her territory. That happens when my mom brings her dogs to my house....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww.

    I hope it gets better! Puppies are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have your hands full with Princess. Good luck!

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, princess does sound like a lot of work! Hope she behaves well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think that you are too old for puppies...just untrained ones masquerading as trained one. I hope 'Princess' goes home...soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now I realize why I dont have a dog...they start out as puppies! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. puppies are cute, but a handful! poor Lilly. :)

    There's a Harry Potter party going on over at my blog, if you get another break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure that dog's name isn't Farfel? :)

    A mother at 1? Sigh. They start out so young these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. UGH. I feel for both you and Lilly. And I could have sworn that Bone thought Princess' name is Falafel...

    Bunny hugs,
    =:8

    ReplyDelete
  10. a mother at one?? I'm with bone on that..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I owe you BIG TIME!!! Thank you for dealing with Lil Miss Princess!

    ReplyDelete