Thursday, July 12, 2007

Four Things About Meme

I was tagged this week by JUDY to do the "Four Things About Me" meme.

FOUR JOBS I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE:
Selling watermelons on the side of the road
Pet sitting
Landscape company
Data storage manager – long story there!

FOUR MOVIES I WOULD WATCH OVER AND OVER:
Babe
Madagascar
Ratatouille
Harry Potter (1,2 & 3)

FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED:
Benton, LA
Tampa, FL
Clarksburg, WV
Osan South Korea

FAVORITE FOODS:
Steak
Shrimp
Squash
Stuffing w/ turkey & gravy & mashed potatoes – yeah, I was trying to come up with all foods that start with S


PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE NOW:
Camping!
Disneyland
Busch Gardens
TNO

FOUR PEOPLE I TAG TO DO THIS MEME
Jen
Maura
Lynn
Joan

The long story for the job: I was working at an Electric company in their mail room. Which was really misnamed because we answered the phone “reproductions” and mostly made copies for the company. But anyway, my job fell under the department of (gosh, what was our department called? I don’t remember…but we took care of everything that had to do with paper really.) Anyway the Data Storage manager found a new job in a different department and they needed to replace her. I don’t know why but somehow she was leaving the job before we could find a replacement for her. It was suggested that I apply for the job but I didn’t have enough experience for it…they wanted two years and I had only been with the company for 1 year and I had ½ a year of college which would go as ½ a year of experience…so I was only short by ½ a year. You could tell my boss really wanted me to have the job…she took a long time in hiring the replacement. But in the meantime I was trained to do the job so I could fill in and train the next person. I was GOOD at this job. This was like the perfect job for me, but alas I couldn’t have the job. So eventually they hired someone else to do the job and I trained her and eventually I went back to my old position. You could tell that the temp that filled in for me was REALLY disappointed that I came back. Oh well. Turns out that the person they hired was very lazy. There were times when I stopped by with her mail and she would ask me about something…just so I would do it for her. I also spent a lot of time there filing documents that were to be destroyed.
See one of our coal fired turbines exploded. So we were being sued by the nearby farmers and we were suing the manufacturer of the turbine…so lots of documents had been removed from the archives for the law suits. As part of the settlement it was agreed that all of these documents would be destroyed (we musta got big bucks for that!) So I spent about an hour each night working overtime filing these documents back into their boxes so the entire box could be destroyed. I ended up leaving before that was all finished.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you like the movie. I'm worried if you didn't like GOF you might not like this one. They keep getting darker, which is actually what makes me like each one more. But "the guy" liked it, and he wasn't really into HP to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Harry Potter movies, too! Can't get through any of the books, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to add lobster and crab to my list of foods. :)
    Hope you enjoyed the movie!
    =:8

    ReplyDelete
  4. South Korea???

    What's the story there?

    ReplyDelete