Thursday, July 19, 2007

I would be okay if only my head would stop spinning!

Well since we last spoke (he he) Princess has calmed down some. She's not quite as bouncy and Lilly is not barfing water anymore...so that's a good thing. Princess hasn't peed in the house since late Monday...so that's even better. But I'm not entirely trusting her. So right now she's on a leash at my feet so I can keep an eye on her.

Monday evening Darly's friend came over for a sleepover...that went great except for the mess! Darly's room is a disaster! She promised to clean that up today and I canceled our hike (thank God for the rain & thunderstorm) so that we wouldn't get hit by lightening and now she has a chance to clean up...of course that means I have to clean up too.

Tuesday I took the girls to see Ratatouille. It was great again (we saw it on June 29th too!) and except for the theater being filled with figity kids it was a good time. I was glad for the break from the Princess. The friend went home Tuesday night because I was tired of stressing out about what to feed this kid. I thought that Darly was a picky eater but this kid takes the cake! She claimes to be vegeterian...but she isn't because she won't eat veggies or even fruit either!!! *sigh*

Then yesterday I took Darly to Park Day...that was fun but we stayed until 3pm and by the time we got to gymnastics the poor kid was wiped out. Her coach almost sent her home, but she did great. She did lots of pull-overs with no spot! I'm excited for her because that was one of the few skills she needs to move up to the next level. I don't think that we'll ever do more than recreational gymnastics but it would be fun for her to know how to do the stuff the competetion gals do...she could do commentary for me. he he I think the only skill she doesn't have that I did (at a much older age) is a front handspring. She can do a back handspring on the trampoline but I never had a trampoline so I never learned that.

After the gym we went to dinner and Darly's meal was 99 cents! YAY! And she liked it. We learned that it pays to ask questions about the menu. Darly wanted grilled cheese, but most places use American Cheese. She doesn't like American cheese (she's a bit spoiled cuz I only buy the good stuff!) so we asked the server what kind of cheese they use. She said American...but that they have other cheeses and we could order it with a different cheese. So Darly asked for Cheddar and got it! It was a yummy sandwich for her. She got so full on it that she barely touched her fries.

Last night when we got home and I let the dogs out I decided to try Princess on the leash so I could reaquaint myself with my couch. It worked for the most part. She kept pacing so I kept letting her outside. At one point I left her outside but Darly felt bad for her and offered to watch her for me. YAY! I zonked out on the couch.

Course when we finally went to bed Princess protested being put in her crate for a good 30 minutes at least...but she finally quit...at least I think she quit. All I know for sure is that suddenly the noise quit. Maybe I'm just a good sleeper.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful for Darly that she is enjoying gymnastics, and is able to follow in her mothers footsteps. Asking for a different cheese was pure brillance on your part...I'll have to remember that next time I'm in a restaurant. Glad to hear that Princess is behaving better...when does she get to leave? Um, did Darly already go to Girl Scout camp? and if so, what did she think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in the world did you find a grilled cheese and fries for 99 cents?

    I need to be eating there every night! :)

    I love American cheese. Though I love most cheeses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that Princess is behaving better.

    Gymnastics sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete